New dish setup

I think I can get away with putting the dish between the two brackets.

Does anyone know of a good place to get a shorter 50mm mast from?

I’ve checked cpc and eBay and the shortest I could find was 10 foot.

You could always purchase the 10 foot pole
Make the distance between the t.k set longer Then cut excess of With the longer pole you have more options if you have to
Reposition your satellite dish

Finally it all seems to be coming together, will order the tk brackets and pole this week.

I’m still trying to decide on which dish, which is made a bit harder as some like the triax 1.1m are out of stock.

A buddy of mine said he might have a spare zone 1 sky dish lying around. Is it possible to motorise that for the time being? I’d still use the full size TKs and pole etc, so I assume it would just be a case of changing the dish and recalibrating it when I get something bigger?

I have seen one website that says they do motorised zone 1 dishes, but as the you attach the sky dish on the side rather than the centre, I’m wondering whether it would actually work with a motor.

Zone 1 Zone 2 satellite dish are fitted to
Suit 1nch 1/4 pole The motor pole is 2 inch
If you are having problems finding a supplier of the traix satellite dish try Tacnomate 97cm satellite dish

Zone 2 dish is the larger of the Sky dishes it can easily be modified to mount on to a motor.

I set up a Zone 2 dish on a stabb mount for a mate that lived in a flat where he was limited to a sky dish by his landlord.

Surprising what you can pick up on them in all honesty.

I dont see the need to do it in your case though, good link to a decent dish above from linesman. I do recommend the Gibertini 1m dish though if you can source one fantastic quality and gain.

I was thinking of doing it as the dish is free, and would keep me going for the remainder of the football season.

Plus, I'm deffo going to have to spend a few nights in the shed once I've installed it, so I thought it may be less with a smaller dish. But I'm not sure how can I swing 'the dish magically got bigger' once I upgrade it.

What's a stabb mount? Also, was that a good or bad surprise in terms of performance?

I have seen a few gibertinis pop up on eBay, unfortunately they've all been quite far away from me.

Stabb mount is just a usuals motor but its very compact so was ideal for a stealth motorised zone 2 dish install.

If you want to do this with the sky dish buy some 2 inch U Bolts and a a thin round file to enlarge the dish mounting holes for the 2 Inch ubolts. Could do it with a drill if your careful.

On that note, I’ll just hold off and get a proper dish.

are the phones apps that give the view of the arc accurate, as I’m getting different results with each different app I use

Sat finder pro and satcatcher are good phone apps Just be careful your not close
to any metalic objects might be showing
Incorrect calibration

Remember to set your satellite motor to 0°
Also do reset There is a small pin hole beside the power button press and hold
Until the green power light changes from
Green to orange will blink 5 times then turn
Green your motor is reset

If I cock up the installation and end up missing a key satellite, can I feed that in through a separate dish and diseqc switch?

So I'd have a fixed dish and motorised dish feeding a switch. And if the motorised dish's signal is blocked, the box pulls it in from the fixed dish.

I'm only using a single tuner box by the way.

This was the configuration for motorisied satellite dish and fixed satellite dish on
7 west

Configuration Mode Advanced

Satellite--------You need this setup for each sat position but not 7w. obviously enter you coordinates.
LNB------------------------------LNB 1
Priority-------------------------Auto
LOF------------------------------Universal LNB
Voltage mode---------------------Polarization
Increased voltage----------------no
Tone mode------------------------Band
DiSEqC mode----------------------1.2
Toneburst------------------------None
Committed DiSEqC command---------AA
Fast DiSEqC----------------------no
Sequence repeat------------------no
Command order--------------------committed,toneburst