New install on another laptop

cactikid

VIP Member
Having got another one and not touched yet would there be a reset point set or best to make up a bootable cd if it ever had issues? Cheers.

Having got another one and not touched yet would there be a reset point set or best to make up a bootable cd if it ever had issues? Cheers.
Forget cd/dvd most use usb thumbdrive now personally use Acronis trueimage for backups. I make backups to thumbdrive and have second hard drive you can also make hidden recovery partition. Another point if this is branded machine even if it askes you to make recovery cd/dvd they can like 4 dvd's in size and Acronis is only one I know of that can make bootable recovery dvd's usb with backup included, all the rest have seperate boot cd. image is not incuded you on the media.
Acronis can recover my windows 10 system in under 4 minutes from backup on my second hard drive.

You can make a backup of a new install W10 on a 16G usb drive, cost about a tenner or less for a decent name brand one.
I actually got 3 X 16G Toshiba USB drives from rymans for something like 15£ a while back.

Yes think i have the same pack of different colours and have 1 unused so might use it on this pc.

Watched a video earlier and his thumb drive was Acronis as he was doing a ssd install , very fast loading afterwards

Back