New Router Suggestions

Malbrega

hey all,

Looking for a suggestion for a new router, my requirements are:

* VPN support (such as Private Internet Access)
* customisable DNS servers.
* did wrt.
* Cheap

I plan to connect this router to my current ISP (Sly) and have all my devices connect to this router to make use of VPN and alternate DNS details without having to change the settings on each device.

Thank you.

Malbrega, do you have any VPN provider recommendations that would support this type of setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you read the pia forums lately? Not very complimentary to the service pia are providing now. I'm just reading up about the various options for vpn and have no actual experience of airvpn but I'm leaning their way at the moment.

Have you read the pia forums lately? Not very complimentary to the service pia are providing now. I'm just reading up about the various options for vpn and have no actual experience of airvpn but I'm leaning their way at the moment.
What are they saying on the forums then?

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Im using the netgear nighthawk r7000 with express vpn, i bought the router fully configured for me, as your new router would need either, tomato or dd-wrt software installed within it to run a vpn on it, so if you dont know how to do it, then its easier to buy it fully configured router,

Im using the netgear nighthawk r7000 with express vpn, i bought the router fully configured for me, as your new router would need either, tomato or dd-wrt software installed within it to run a vpn on it, so if you dont know how to do it, then its easier to buy it fully configured router,
do you recommend it been looking at one on Amazon that just adds to the router already there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do you run iptv through the R7000 with Express? I like the idea of the custom firmware that Express provide which easily allows you to select which traffic uses the vpn and which goes around it. Does iptv perform well with them?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I bought it for IPTV, but i have not got round to it yet, as i'm still using my e2 box at the moment,

Back