New Vix Hades zgemmastar 2s sucmnsee backup (will work fine on h1, h2 & s too)

can someone tell me if ive ruined my zgemma-star2s as i did a stupiod thing i think i tried to update it now my tv screens saying mode not supported and the front of my box is saying boot is there a way of getting it up and running again as ive not got a clue please help

Ok u need to reflash it.
Tead and follow steps in first post

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ----------

Hi Sucmnsee ,Sorry to bother you again I followed your instructions Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Hard drive settings
Change auto off
I thought it cured the problem but its still there , just some more info there is No Auto Off ,I can get 10 secs 30 secs etc upto 4hrs and then it says no standby , so there is no Auto Off any ideas m8
Cheers

Sorry wasnt clear. Set that timer to 1hour or whatever u want

---------- Post Merged at 01:42 PM ----------

Great guide, fund it very straight forward having just upgraded from a v5s box.

1 question though, is it safe to update kodi direct it wants download an update and says it will restart gui, scumnsee says never restart gui, was this juts for set up purposes ?

Thanks

U can restart gui. But then u need to manually start cam or restart box again.
Fine to update plugins

hi sucmnsee i was wondering if you had a chance to look at my predicament as ive tried your update but my box is still showing boot and my tv mode not supported many thanks for helping me out on this much apprechiated

Hi thanks for the update sucmnsee. I have installed this update to my Zgemma Star 2S box and have noticed it is running very slow.

Can someone please tell me what plugins i can remove safely to speed up the box...

I am not interested in any catch up tv, online content (youtube etc). Please give me a list of plugins i should remove. I only use the box to watch tv and and occasionally pause, rewind and record.

Thanks

Minesh

yes the box is still saying boot and my tv saying mode not supported thanks for takin time out to try and help me

Can u find a hdready tv to connect to to change av settings? Sounds like tv compatability problem. Its set to 720 50hz. This must not be viable on ur tv. Try diff tv and change av seting.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 AM ----------

Hi thanks for the update sucmnsee. I have installed this update to my Zgemma Star 2S box and have noticed it is running very slow.

Can someone please tell me what plugins i can remove safely to speed up the box...

I am not interested in any catch up tv, online content (youtube etc). Please give me a list of plugins i should remove. I only use the box to watch tv and and occasionally pause, rewind and record.

Thanks

Minesh

Using bluhd skin? Or fraggle skin?
Initialised and set up usb fully?

---------- Post Merged at 12:29 AM ----------

You can remove almost everything but mediaportal. Will boot loop if its removed.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have dlbe exactly that. I am using fraggle123 skin.

Usb hard drive is setup and initiated correctly.

Thanks

give it a day to bed in and see.
is it an ok usb or cheap unbranded? this will effect performance.
if still slow after restarting by holding power button on remote and selecting restart you can reflash.

---------- Post Merged at 12:56 AM ----------

updated image and download link 12/07/15. minor tweaks like cache flush.
no real need to update if on previous version.

updated image and download link 12/07/15. minor tweaks like cache flush.

Hi sucmnsee for those (like me) who don't fancy a reflash right now would you mind letting us know the benefits of cache flush and how to do it?

Thanks.

Portal, green, extensions, scroll down to cach flush ok to download reboot box. Then portal cachflush right yes green save not sure if need to change out els.

installed the image without any hitches (many thanks sucmnsee) however my movie channels are still not clearing , i get msg tune failed.

anyone any ideas?

many thanks

Back