nissan almera

ian4u

can any1 help havin problems with gears rac said worn linkage but my oldman noticed when got bite the front mountin was worn and thinks this is the problem why gears playing up as engine has to much play in it is he right any1 who can help

its been a while since i did an almera,if engine moves around too much it will make using the gears awkward.with engine stopped does the gear lever wander as in loose from side to side indicating something is worn? can you change with ease from gear to gear.when engine is running is it more difficult.
when engine is cold grab it and push/pull as it should only move slightly,if it was a renault i expect 2 1/2 inches of movement which is normal lol:whacko:,another way to check mountings is to have bonnet up handbrake on and get someone to start car engage gear bring up revs to 1500 rpm and slowly let clutch out to see movement in engine bay by second person,the car does not want to move forward as your only checking the mountings for wear and not to run the person over standing at the front of car.also do in reverse.

thanx 4 ur quick response found out i think wat it is the bottom gearbox bolt has snapped in the mountins so movin around wen changing gear had 2 new clutchs in last 2.5 years do u think they might off done it as the car has never been same since they got there hands on it thanx again

yep hopefully the threads are ok if not it can be expensive.i wonder if that gearbox is a renault which has a stay arm underneath to stop gearbox movement front-back.

Back