Prem football buffers

Another thing worth a try if firestick is only connected by wifi is to disable ipv6 at router. Firesticks are renowned for auto switching ipv6 / ipv4 as signal wavers
whch causes havoc when streaming
Thanks. Not sure but I may have done that some years back when I had problems with kodi but I’ll check to see if it’s been disabled or not.

Thanks. Not sure but I may have done that some years back when I had problems with kodi but I’ll check to see if it’s been disabled or not.
I think there's something else we've not looked into.
Is this an old firestick?
1st and 2nd gen firesticks will struggle with modern IPTV streams.
A 4K one is the way forward, they're only a few quid

My provider doesn’t support vpn
All you need to do is download a VPN on the firestick and that will mask your real i.p, this doesn't need to be supported by your broadband provider or IPTV provider, you can do this separately with an app on your firestick.

My provider doesn’t support vpn
In that case a VPN probably isn't required.
Ask your provider for his own Android app/player and username and password.

Try different apps and everything else and if there's no improvement then it's time to call it a day

Another thing worth a try if firestick is only connected by wifi is to disable ipv6 at router. Firesticks are renowned for auto switching ipv6 / ipv4 as signal wavers
whch causes havoc when streaming
My mistake I must not have turned on ipv6 as virgin media doesn’t support it according to online search. And can’t see anything in settings about ipv6?

Cleared the cache then tried the liverpool and Everton games no problems with buffering. It’s the last 2 3pm games I tried on Amazon events that buffered badly and couldn’t get the few foreign channels i found to play at all just a black stream

Last edited:
Have you tried another provider yet to rule out your provider is the problem?
No but I cleared the cache this time and the Everton and Liverpool games on tonight are playing fine on a sky and foreign channel. The last 2 3pm games that I tried recently that were on Amazon events buffered badly and couldn’t find a foreign channel that was playing at all. So I see how I get on with the 3pm games tomorrow.

Last edited:
No but I cleared the cache this time and the Everton and Liverpool games on tonight are playing fine on a sky and foreign channel. The last 2 3pm games that I tried recently that were on Amazon events buffered badly and couldn’t find a foreign channel that was playing at all. So I see how I get on with the 3pm games tomorrow.
There is no Everton game tonight !

It could’ve just been the Amazon streams from the providers source tbh if you search for @Joe516 and go to posting he posts every channel that football is on for members.
All you have to do is find the channel on your iptv

Back