Noobie - Virgin zgemma help noobie first post

Kcs

Hi everyone i could really use some help please :)?

Thinking about cancelling vm and keeping only the broadband service , i have seen some posts around here saying you can split the line coming in and feed the router with one and the zgemma with the other cable.

1- does this give me all vmchannels? Or is it only the free channels through cable rather than using a satelite?

2 - if going down the iptv route because number 1 question is a no :) is it a case of just flashing wooshbuild onto the zgemma and then using xtream editor to setup the iptv provider side of it? Or is there something im missing?

3- can anyone recommend the best uk iptv service provider currently?

Last edited:
http://www.techkings.org/posts/887275/ Read page 1 from @ste should give you basic idea that's for cable
Iptv there is many different ways of setting it up and many images you can use there is quite a few posts in iptv sections on ways people have theres set up have a search around and you may get an idea on what's required for iptv but if it was me and had virgin bb I would go down the cabled route rather than iptv tbh and edit your post your naming an iptv provider which isn't allowed on forum mate

As long as the zgemma has a cable tuner, yes, if i was you i would set up for cable and worry about iptv later, follow the advice given by bazcfc1 regarding editing your 1st post, and in general, also have a read through on the rules and you should be up and running in no time, i have cable and sat on a zgemma and i will help in what ever way i can as will plenty of others, oh and enjoy your time at techkings and welcome. Forgot to point out you wont be able to get HD sky sports as these are only available in SD.

Last edited:
Sorry about that @pabloescaban new here i will watch it from now on :) i have read ste’s posts so if i remove the vm box and keep the splitter they fitted then i can just connect the existing cable line to the zgemma box.

1-To record and watch another channel i need to use a h5.2tc right?

2-Any recommendations on images to flash for vm ?

3-so am i correct @grahamer67 that even though i dont actually hve vm tv anymore i would still get all the channels but sky sports would be SD quality not HD?

Regards

Last edited:
That is correct except sky sports news and mix are still there in hd as are all other sports, like bt sports, premier, etc.

Back