Octagon sf4008 4k

Most new boxes have problems on first release but they're usually resolved quite quickly... apart from the 8500 lol

Most new boxes have problems on first release but they're usually resolved quite quickly... apart from the 8500 lol

I was planning to upgrade to it once there is an Openvix Image done.

I believe there working on it now and hopefully we will see a WilloBuild... hint hint lol

Have been looking at this box on w o s with a 2 x dvb-c. there's some stuff around on you tube also. Does it take mgcam software? whats the best image to use?

There is only OpenATV and Open8eight at the moment. It's an Arm processor so uses oscam.
Only had limited time with it but it's a winner so far. From power on to up and running in 20 seconds!... insane!

There is only OpenATV and Open8eight at the moment. It's an Arm processor so uses oscam.
Only had limited time with it but it's a winner so far. From power on to up and running in 20 seconds!... insane!

there used to be a time to brew a mug of t but not now wow.

Well couldnt help myself new box arrived - Octagon sf4008 4k, flashed with openeight, looks like a real mean bit of kit. I feel like a kid with new shoes lol

Not yet havent tried, only had 1 hr so far, just going through the menus, did the service scan and ran the Abm. Just need to convert the nline. Will have a play after finish work. Like the image though, they work closely or are linked to openatv?

OpenPli I think..... Good luck with Oscam, if you find a softcam manager would you let me know where the bloody thing is please? lol

openeight-feed-mispel_1.0_all.ipk - and the other one i got is - enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-11357-linuxsat_openatv_armv7ahf-vfp-neon.ipk

I hope one works?

I tried the second one and it installed ok but no sign of a softcam manager.
Hopefully the openeight one will work.

My Tech knowledge would be seriously tested if I brought now.

By the sound of things I think I will defo wait for Openvix image.

If I went with VM only whats the max number of recordings possible if I was watching 1 live channel?

Think I read somewhere you can have upto a possible seven tuners but the unit can only use a max of 3..which I think means 1 to watch live and record 2?

Don't get me wrong that's good but is that right?

im using vm only and went for the 1 x twin / dual dvb-c so you can watch one and record another, that's really all I need. Yes you can have the extra tuner but do you need it?
the factory openeight image is ok but you need to have a fairly good amount of knowledge behind you in terms of setting up the box. There's no software manager, until you load the right .ipk files to get oscam configured. its quite tricky.
Just download Willo`s new build for this model. I ran out of time but it works and is very plug and play user friendly with a few tweaks here n there. oscam is there by default. Thanks Willo Great Job (y)

Back