OpenATV Set Up Guide

Hi folks

I'm trying to flash the new image on my Mircaclebox, but when I put the USB in and reboot the box, it says "Boot" which is all good, but then it doesn't say "USB" - it says "Load" instead - skipping the flashing process and taking me to my old image & channels... any idea where I might be going wrong?

Hi folks

I'm trying to flash the new image on my Mircaclebox, but when I put the USB in and reboot the box, it says "Boot" which is all good, but then it doesn't say "USB" - it says "Load" instead - skipping the flashing process and taking me to my old image & channels... any idea where I might be going wrong?
Not sure if it is the same, on some receivers you have to turn the power off on the receiver, insert the usb, turn the power on the receiver and quickly press and hold the standby button on the front of the receiver, keep the button do until flashing is displayed on the front panel, you can then release the standby button.

Yes mate that's exactly what I've done. Skips even attempting to flash new image. I'm gonna try what jazz suggested...

Not sure if it is the same, on some receivers you have to turn the power off on the receiver, insert the usb, turn the power on the receiver and quickly press and hold the standby button on the front of the receiver, keep the button do until flashing is displayed on the front panel, you can then release the standby button.
No joy with that fella :-(

Try another usb stick formatted to fat32, some receivers are very fussy on the type of usb stick. I always use an old 2 GB type usb2 stick and that seems to work fine. Good luck..

Thanks folks... I'm going to try a new USB. Very odd considering it works fine though on my current image which I'm trying to replace

Thanks for this very useful tutorial, I am unable to find the relevant softcam IPK on this site, could you put a link to it?
Also, is there an easy way to edit channels? Need to delete loads of them but I am not sure how to do this and would like an external sort of channel editor with which you can export a channel list,.
Thanks

Thanks, I am not sure what I have done here, I haven't even touched oscam config files yet but I have also downloaded cccam plugin restarted the box and inserted a test cline in the conf file and I can open de channels?? how is it even possible?

hi I'm trying to install mgcamd 1.45c on open atv 6.2. So I've put the ipk from another thread into box and installed according to the box, but when i go to softcam panel i don't see the mgcamd 1.45c when i click left or right. I only see oscam tv or no cam. Tried to restart Gui. Although I've got it working on oscam, I want it to work using mgcamd. Any tips?

hi I'm trying to install mgcamd 1.45c on open atv 6.2. So I've put the ipk from another thread into box and installed according to the box, but when i go to softcam panel i don't see the mgcamd 1.45c when i click left or right. I only see oscam tv or no cam. Tried to restart Gui. Although I've got it working on oscam, I want it to work using mgcamd. Any tips?
Mgcamd1.45 won't run on a 4k box, earlier mgcamd will but not 1.45

Also 6.2 may be too far outdated to use the newer softcams, quicker to flash to 6.4 grogbuild freerange and all the cams you require are already installed

Morning all,
Flashed my technomate nano 3t last night with open atv, works great, problem I have,
When connected to dreambox control centre on the laptop, it shows the receiver connected but says no bootloader detected and nothing shows up in the menu,
Any help would be appreciated 👍

Morning all,
Flashed my technomate nano 3t last night with open atv, works great, problem I have,
When connected to dreambox control centre on the laptop, it shows the receiver connected but says no bootloader detected and nothing shows up in the menu,
Any help would be appreciated 👍
Use a proper FTP prog or channel editor.

But that no bootloader error was the norm back in the day it should still give you FTP etc.

Have it im mind that a recent image will need to be given a password for any of the above to connect. That may be the issue here.

Back