openbox v8s 7 day auto updating epg

Thought it was just me, until i noticed this thread......guess we'll just have to wait hu....tik tok......tik tok....

Auto update doesnt work very well for me, so I have to maunally update your epg every week or so!

auto update will work when you turn your box on to standby (i.e) when you go to bed for example

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ----------

Auto update doesnt work very well for me, so I have to maunally update your epg every week or so!

auto update will work when you turn your box on to standby (i.e) when you go to bed for example it will flash epg on the front display

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:18 PM ----------

can some please PM me the file. I am new member and have not enough privileges to download the file. Thanks

no file to download

The file automatically downloads when you press the red button. But the internet EPG is not working. Only the satalite one is working but its crap

thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:18 PM ----------

can some please PM me the file. I am new member and have not enough privileges to download the file. Thanks

auto update will work when you turn your box on to standby (i.e) when you go to bed for example

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ----------

auto update will work when you turn your box on to standby (i.e) when you go to bed for example it will flash epg on the front display
it will not....................

7 day EPG

Format a USB to fat 32 place in back of box then menu/ system settings/ EPG and time settings/ switch from satellite to internet XMLTV on default setting/ go down to XMLTV setting ok / switch UK to auto press. Red button on remote It will then download to USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've attached a HDD to the box and records no problem but when i try the 7 day epg setting and then update, i get a failed message and to check i have enough memory on the HDD.
Its 2TB and nothing else on it.
Formatted to FAT 32 also.
Any ideas please?

Only thing at the moment is to go back to now and next by switching it from internet to satellite or use a app for your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what it means when the box says epg decompress failed. Please check disk free volume. I have a 1t harddrive in the v8 openbox and it only has 1 programe saved

People the xmltv EPG is down and maybe for good the feedback I have got is that the server that was being used has been closed as the guy that was doing it was being charged over the odds so just have to use the old satellite now and next for now

Hi there thanks for the simple instructions Tich . I have gone through the process and it tells me; epg decompress failed. I have checked and a lot of people on the forum are having this problem. People are even saying that the 7 day epg may be gone forever :( . Hopefully it wont !

Back