dangerous

TK Veteran
With all the newer receivers now only taking oscam and the shenanigans lately with audio issues / mgcamd I thought I would bring this thread back to life.
I can't take the credit for this guide as gmangt4 is the original author but I've just updated it.

If you require a softcam feed ipk file, check the downloads section as I've posted a link there.

Install oscam_atv 1.2 11353 from the softcam feed in plugins or by whatever means you use to install cams.

Bring up softcam manager once oscam is downloaded and make cam 1 oscam_1.2 11353 no other cam to be selected, so only one cam running. MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL OTHER RUNNING CAMS, now restart oscam via softcam manager, it should restart without error if applied ok and will show as active. It must be restarted to allow access to the webinterface.

When oscam is restarted go to computer and enter your box ip address into your chosen browser address bar followed by :83 that's full colon not semi, so something like 192.168.0.3:83
press enter or go whatever your browser needs to go to the address.

Oscam web interface should appear.. if it don't appear try rebooting your box and/or router....and try again..make sure ip address of box has not changed...this can be found in menu, information, network

Now at the top of the oscam web interface look for the tab/word "Files", click this and then a sub menu will appear below the main menu, click on "oscam.server" in here you will see examples, delete these examples and you can use the 2 reader examples i've pasted below for N: lines, edit them with your details and paste in to the oscam.server page. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

Once you've edited it with your details scroll to the bottom of the page and select save, then scroll to the top and select restart tab on top right of page, then on the pop up press restart, wait 10 secs and try and see if channels clear.

On the oscam web interface the live log tab will update every 8 secs with your ECM's if your interested. It will also tell you if something wrong like wrong password, etc

For an example of how to enter our line, here's an example

CWS = your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

N: your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I hope this helps.

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
group = 1

[reader]
label = TV2
protocol = newcamd
user = username
password = password
group = 1

For installing oscam into openvix see downloads section for config file.

Last edited:
*********UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS IN POST #45************

Just for anybody else interested here is how I got Oscam running on ATV

Download and install oscam atv emu, make it your active cam and restart it in menu, info panel, softcam panel

use filezilla or your FTP program of choice and go to USR folder, then KEYS folder, in there you will see oscam_atv....open this and look for oscam.server

I then dragged oscam.server to my desktop to be able to edit with notepad++ I then deleted all the details in there and pasted in one of my own readers, saved it and then sent it back to the box, overwriting when prompted.

I then restarted oscam on the box and bingo

I hope that helps folks

---------- Post Merged at 03:44 PM ----------

Here is an example reader if needed, if you want to add more lines then just change the label = TV1 to Tv2, TV3 etc..

If copying and pasting thie reader make sure you copy the top line too (reader)

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Last edited:
Too man Gmangt4, I'll give it a go tonight.

Well guys I'm up and running. Massive thanks to gmangt4 for his efforts in trying out ATV and Oscam

Well i can be very thankful of joining Techkings, great bunch of friendly, helpful people which have given me so much help and advice on my joinery through this "new world of technology " Have a pat on the back to all the people that have answered my questions, PM's and genuinely helped me.
I posted on various other forums and responses were slow, even the Germans had nothing to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an issue with running both sly and VM lines together but I just needed to make a small change in the cable reader. All looking good now. Thanks for link by the way ;-)

Yes as dangerous says if running on a combo with different lines its best to ad a line in the cable reader CAID = 1841
Thats for vermin UK you will have to change that to whatever your providers CAID is, so an example of a VM Uk assuming your running 2 lines is

[reader]
label = TV2 VM
protocol = newcamd
CAID = 1841
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Thanks to Dangerous for being the guinea pig lol

You will need to a cccam reader set up, I will post one up and yes you ignore the C: and/or N: and CWS:

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 PM ----------

Here is an example cccam reader thats straight off the oscam wiki, I don't use c lines so try it and see, I will try it myself at some point but try this in the meantime and let us know

[reader]
label = TV3
protocol = cccam
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 30
group = 1
cccversion = 2.2.1
cccmaxhops = 2
ccckeepalive = 1
cccreshare = 1

Again, I'm not sure this one works, can you not get an nline from your supplier?

Last edited:
Snap but I never gave ATV much of a chance probably. A job for Wooshee in the next build lol

This is meant with no disrespect to anyone who has ever posted in any of the WooshBuild threads and I love you all but I must ask you bangord.... have you seen the post count and the bloody questions I get? I have to write plugins to make it easy and to keep the post count down....

OSCAM in the next build? Mork calling Orson, come in Orson

[video=youtube;j-KaOJ_jVXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-KaOJ_jVXI[/video]

and then some !!! (along with a few others on this forum, you all make the life of us numpties so much easier)

You will need to a cccam reader set up, I will post one up and yes you ignore the C: and/or N: and CWS:

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 PM ----------

Here is an example cccam reader thats straight off the oscam wiki, I don't use c lines so try it and see, I will try it myself at some point but try this in the meantime and let us know

[reader]
label = TV3
protocol = cccam
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 30
group = 1
cccversion = 2.2.1
cccmaxhops = 2
ccckeepalive = 1
cccreshare = 1

Again, I'm not sure this one works, can you not get an nline from your supplier?
no mate it is not working

I'll have a bash at it over the weekend and report back, if you manage to get it going just pop back here and post a message [emoji6]

Back