I get a few messages about this so I will try to update this thread with some better instructions to assist as it seems popular, so here goes:

Install oscam_atv from the softcam feed in plugins or by whatever means you use to install cams.

Bring up softcam manager once oscam is downloaded and make cam 1 oscam, no other cam to be selected, so only one cam running. MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL OTHER RUNNING CAMS, now restart oscam via softcam manager, it should restart without error if applied ok and will show as active. It must be restarted to allow access to the webinterface.

When oscam is restarted go to computer and enter your box ip address into your chosen browser address bar followed by :83 that's full colon not semi, so something like 192.168.0.3:83
press enter or go whatever your browser needs to go to the address.

Oscam web interface should appear.. if it don't appear try rebooting your box and/or router....and try again..make sure ip address of box has not changed...this can be found in menu, information, network

Now at the top of the oscam web interface look for the tab/word "Files", click this and then a sub menu will appear below the main menu, click on "oscam.server" in here you will see examples, delete these examples and you can use the 2 reader examples i've pasted below for N: lines, edit them with your details and paste in to the oscam.server page. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

Once you've edited it with your details scroll to the bottom of the page and select save, then scroll to the top and select restart tab on top right of page, then on the pop up press restart, wait 10 secs and try and see if channels clear.

On the oscam web interface the live log tab will update every 8 secs with your ECM's if your interested. It will also tell you if something wrong like wrong password, etc

For an example of how to enter our line, here's an example

CWS = your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

N: your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

I hope this helps.

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

[reader]
label = TV2
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Thanks for update Gmangt4
If anyone is running satellite and cable together then add 1841 to your cable reader and 0963 to your sky reader.

Last edited:
I never put it in because its already on this thread along with cccam readers too, was thinking but trying to keep it basic to get going, but yes did think about the CAID = , part lol
By all means I will still answer PM's and so will Dangerous if help needed with combo setup.

used this converter for clines ,worked perfectly first time ,found at tekreaders.com cccam to oscam converter

I have been trying all night (as well as many other nights in the past) to get oscam to work but no joy!. I have out oscam.server file in etc/tuxbox/config but channels do not clear. I am using openvix but are there other files that need to be in etc/tuxbox/config?
Any help would be much appreciated as I have finally got the hang of enigma2 but cannot for the life of me get oscam working!

I think i need a oscam.user & oscam.conf file also?

Last edited:
hi, been trying to get this going for a couple of nlines i have for vm but to no joy. could somebody send me the files that work with instructions, as i think the files i was trying to use which i got from googling might be causing my problems.
thanks..

I'm thinking about running oscam too as i have three zgemma boxes and will be sharing two lines between them. So I plan to run two boxes each with a dedicated line and the third box with two lines. Does the line provider need to do anything to support oscam? i,e do I need to ask them if they support it?

You will need to check with your provider that you can put the same line into 3 receivers.
Your provider shouldn't mind you using Oscam

yes they know I have 3 boxes and I am subscribing two lines. I was thinking two boxes each running their own line and the third sharing two lines (oscam) or will it be better running all three boxes with both lines installed and so they can auto switch when required?

Most providers support oscam, but not sharing, it will get you a ban, you have to make sure when using oscam that it is setup so sharing is blocked.

this is what this bit is for in the reader file.

emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Brilliant guide. Had it up and running within 10 minutes.Does anyone know what files need to be added to the “back-up settings” inWooshman V5 excellent build, so that OSCam files are saved for future updates and wont have to be manually added again?

Just got mine up and running with an s and v nline on ATV and all is great with the world lol thanks for the help Gmangt4 you sir, are a legend.

Back