OSCAM issues on VU+ Uno 4K SE

xtreme010

Hi All

Im in need of some desperate help, I'm a newbie - have done a lot of reading to try and sort this on my own but have now admitted defeat and hit a brick wall.

I have a N/CWS line for VM and have a VU+ Uno 4K SE box running the latest version of Vix.

I have installed OSCAM and converted the line and put it into OSCAM however I keep on getting the status showing up as UNKNOWN. In the live log the error is:

server [newcamd] disconnected: reason receive error 1

Does this mean that I also need to install cccam on the VU or does OSCAM already cover all of this? I know the Uno 4K SE cannot have the cccam plugin installed (not sure why though).

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Are you using the correct oscam for you VU box m8, as it seems as the line is not getting read, there is a couple of oscam set-up on this site m8, have a look to see if there is anything you are doing wrong ??

ask your provider to change it to newcamd N line, not CWS and put it into the reader like this:
[reader]
label=VM-Server1
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=servername,port
user=username
password=password
disableserverfilter = 1
connectoninit = 1
caid = 1841
ident = 1841:000000,005B01,005A01,005B02,005B03
group = 1

You can use CCcam softcam on that box but you need CCcam2.3.2 not version 2.3.0 if you want to use a C line

This is my current oscam.server file:
[reader]
label=server
enable=1
protocol= newcamd
key=01234567898901234567890
device=serv-ip,8906
user=username
password=password
cccversion=2.1.2
group=1
inactivitytimeout=60
reconnecttimeout=30
lb_weight=100
cccmaxhops=10
ccckeepalive=1
cccwantemu=0
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Do I need to install CCcam2.3.2 or do I not need to bother as I have oscam already installed.

I installed the oscam from the feeds directly within VIX so presume its the correct version. It does seem to install and work (runs fine) so how do I know if I dont have the correct version?

oscam will open the line using whichever cccam is available, it looks like yours has stipulated ver 2.1.2

delete that reader from the server file and paste mine in, obviously adding your server,port and also username and password and try it

you can always paste the original back in later

also, I've just noticed you put this:

key=01234567898901234567890

if that was copied/pasted from your reader, it's no wonder you can't watch anything, the key is 01 to 14 like this:
key=0102030405060708091011121314

Hey All

Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you.

@pabloescaban - you got it, the config was all good but the key was incorrect. I have no idea how that came about but as soon as I changed it and all clicked into gear!

Thank you very much!!!

what are u using, grog, whooshbuild etc i just got a vu+ uno 4k se and installed infinity getting free channels but using mg_cmd and getting no other channels, followed all the instructions but nothing, the service scan brings nothing back, get all the channels and epg but no premium services using mg_cmd and newcamd.list with working line cheers

Back