Please help me choose what is the best box / service for my needs

Hi All

I am wondering if you folks might be able to steer me in the right direction. Following the excellent advice of the people on this forum, several years back I got set up with a two-box set up as follows:
- both boxes are Zgemma H2S's. One is used by a more technical person and one is used by a complete technophobe. The slightly more technical person often has to explain by phone how to turn on a specific channel etc. This is an important point because now I am, I think, at the end of the road with both H2S's and will therefore need to replace them both.

The reason I think I need to replace both is:
- the CCCam lines on both boxes are now unreliable. Is there any such thing as a CCCam line that is worth trying nowadays?
- the iptv set-up on one of the boxes has stopped working and is not fixable (provider)

If it was just a box for me (slightly technical), I'd be happy with an iptv-only set-up on a firestick. However, it is not as simple as that.... The android menu interfaces are a bit more complex than the traditional sly style EPG which are on the H2S's (running wooshbuild). Explaining how to use an android (incl. firestick) menu to find a channel over the phone sounds like a challenge at best.

The simplest solution was always the old fashioned CCCam set-up, when all I needed to say was 'press number 2-5-2' or whatever.

So.... I suppose in a nutshell, this is my problem. We have a satellite dish and also a standard terrestrial aerial feed coming to both tv's, along of course with internet. Ideally, if there is some set-up (cccam, and/or iptv, and/or mag box type) that is easy and effective (e.g. has access to all channels and they can be accessed ideally via 'press 2-5-2') I would be very grateful if you might point me in the right direction.

If there is something that combines terrestrial (southern ireland) aerial feed, with satellite feed, with internet feed, into one easy to use interface that would be amazing. I have read a lot of threads on the forum recently and find I am getting more confused than anything else.

I have tried the firestick iptv approach and that is absolutely fine for me personally, but won't work for the second (technophobe) tv. Would be grateful for any advice folks; thanks.

Oh and by the way, our internet connections are not amazingly fast so we definitely do not need 4k quality, dont need HD quality, dont need UHD quality, or any of that. We just need basic quality that is watchable and does not lag or chop or breakdown.

What you want is a high end enigma box. We are not talking zgemma here.

I cannot mention the website but loads of people get there stuff from there.

You can have quite a few different tuners in the box and they will be able to handle IPTV aswell.

The VU range I would encourage you to look at you will probably have to pay more than £200 but worth it foe what you are looking for.

What you want is a high end enigma box. We are not talking zgemma here.

I cannot mention the website but loads of people get there stuff from there.

You can have quite a few different tuners in the box and they will be able to handle IPTV aswell.

The VU range I would encourage you to look at you will probably have to pay more than £200 but worth it foe what you are looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to send me the advice Mike.

So is there a specific VU box that you would go for if you were in my position? Any hints on how to find out about that website (haha)? Thanks mate

If the man tells you he cant tell you on open forum, he knows there are reasons for it and wont talk about it on the OPEN forum.

Personal opinion on a high end E2 box would be either of the following two

Gigablue UHD Quad 4k
Gigablue UHD UE 4k

Both have a spare tuner slot for a DVB-T tuner and you get more for your money than the VU+ range.

Gigablue UHD Quad 4k
Gigablue UHD UE 4k

Both have a spare tuner slot for a DVB-T tuner and you get more for your money than the VU+ range.
I have always preferred VU range on Enigma boxes.

Thank you for taking the time to send me the advice Mike.

So is there a specific VU box that you would go for if you were in my position? Any hints on how to find out about that website (haha)? Thanks mate
Note, whilst you state you do not need 4k quality etc and the boxes suggested are 4k bear in mind these boxes provide much faster processors and many also offer very reasonable upscaling of SD/HD streams. so are the ones to buy

Note, whilst you state you do not need 4k quality etc and the boxes suggested are 4k bear in mind these boxes provide much faster processors and many also offer very reasonable upscaling of SD/HD streams. so are the ones to buy
They won't upscale unless the specs say it can. To be honest to stream full HD a box doesn't need to be that powerful.

They won't upscale unless the specs say it can. To be honest to stream full HD a box doesn't need to be that powerful.
There are some boxes that do not spec upscaling although they can do it to limited effect (eg Zgemma), but agreed look for those that state it as a feature which work really well.

Thanks spc. I understand what you are saying... that a 4k box may well be a more powerful box and thus a better box in various ways. I would certainly be open to a more powerful box in the sense of processor, ram etc if it means a better/faster menu experience etc. However, I have never really seen any benefit of any picture quality higher than SD (most likely cos I cannot afford those giant televisions that many people have). So, specifically in picture quality terms, SD is more than enough for me. But yes, if a 4k box comes with a lot more power, which is worth it then your point is well made; thanks

Gigablue UHD Quad 4k
Gigablue UHD UE 4k

will these high end boxes support HEVC iptv streams? my box (vu+ solo2 - old but good imho ) doesn't seem to play them. I think more providers will move to this format in the future.

Back