Plex query

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi

i just got a plex server yesterday for my now TV box

The provider has advertised as 120tb vod only, but I'm not quite sure that's accurate.

is there anyway I can check my end how much Tb it is?

Thanks

Hi

The provider has advertised as 120tb vod only, but I'm not quite sure that's accurate.

Thanks

I don't think so mate. You just have to take their word for it.

Hi

Thanks

I don't think so mate. You just have to take their word for it.

hey

the guy connected my box via the "pin" based system ....if I was to disconnect from his server to test someone else's would I have to get another pin and for him to put me back on?

is the username system better?

Thanks

The username method he's asking for double the price of the pin based system.
So with the username system do you go in the "add server manually" settings and add in useename the provider gives ? And you can add say 4-5 servers like that and select/deselect which server you want to use?

Thanks

The username way - You tell provider your plex username then the provider shares their library's to your username
you login to your plex account www.plex.tv and accept his request to share library's
Thus when ever you login to your account on a nowtv , amazon firestick what ever the device you see their content as well as yours

I have a free plex account I created a few months back...I can log into via my iPhone but I don't get how do I "link" the plex on my now TV box with my username/account that I created few months back.

Is there a menu I go into plex via the now TV box to put my username?

yup in Plex app go to the preferences menu ( the cog at the bottom) second option down should say connect my plex account or disconnect my plex account if one is already signed in

Found it.

At the moment theres a server I bought yesterday signed in so its displaying "disconnect my plex account"

So had I not had a server in there and I was to give my plex username to plex supplier and he sends me a request to share his library and I accept, I would then go into plex on my now TV box and type in my plex username and all the shared content from the plex supplier would be on my now TV box ?

sorry for such a long winded reply.

im not 100% on channels if its for IPTV but if its just VOD content then yes, if its not there when you first sign in you would:
.Go to preferences menu
.click on "plex media servers"
.Click on "discover servers"
.Presto

Yeh it's only for VOD no iptv...Got the xpeed lx2 for the channels.

thanks a lot I will try the username method it this server I got yesterday turns out to be rubbish.

Go to plex, settings, connect plex server, it will generate a pin.....login to plex.tv on a computer or tablet and then go to plex.tv/pin.....enter the PIN there and it will connect the box to your plex account.

@gmangt4 Thanks for the adivce. Others have said the same thing.

But I’ve crawled all over my Plex client on Samsung Smart TV and I can’t see any option to generate a PIN.

Plex/preferences/my servers does have an option to add a new server but this needs the IP of the server.

The only way I can generate a PIN is by performing an uninstall/reinstall. Is the behavior peculiar to the Samsung version of Plex?

My Plex Android client also behaves in the same way.

Back