Police to visit 1,000 homes in crackdown on illegal Premier League streams and "fire sticks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police: let's go and get this murderer he's in the house
No we can't go until we tell the daily mirror we are going first

If they wanted to go and catch people they would've been at the doors already not saying to the papers that they are, a lot of nonsense
In reality they would probably tell ISP providers to write a letter like they do with pirate sites.

Police: let's go and get this murderer he's in the house
No we can't go until we tell the daily mirror we are going first

If they wanted to go and catch people they would've been at the doors already not saying to the papers that they are, a lot of nonsense
Agree 100%, scaremongering and maybe an example made out of 1 or 2 sellers 'but note they got time for watching too' to scare anyone else from dabbling.

So a provider supposedlty got busted and they got a database of users and now visiting them as part of a 'Massive crackdown'.

1. I doubt the police have the man power, more than likely if they do anything it will just be send them aa scare letter to stop watching,
2. 1000 end users, not sure many would class that as a 'Massive Crackdown'
3. this is tabloid news just out to scare monger, in the same way torent freaks do.

The person jailed may well have got extra tine for watching, but if he hadn't been providing the service then it would never of gone to court, but as it did go to court then might as well do him for viewing at same time.

This statement made me laugh
offering entertainment and sports via modified boxes, so-called “ fire sticks”

So a firestick is a modified box?

Last edited:
So a provider supposedlty got busted and they got a database of users and now visiting them as part of a 'Massive crackdown'.

1. I doubt the police have the man power, more than likely if they do anything it will just be send them aa scare letter to stop watching,
2. 1000 end users, not sure many would class that as a 'Massive Crackdown'
3. this is tabloid news just out to scare monger, in the same way torent freaks do.

The person jailed may well have got extra tine for watching, but if he hadn't been providing the service then it would never of gone to court, but as it did go to court then might as well do him for viewing at same time.

This statement made me laugh

So a firestick is a modified box?
They have been saying firesticks are modfied boxes for years. And other devices.

I dont know for e.g if you download a legit app like tivimate you have modfied anything. If you download Netflix is it a modified box?

Just noticed that Paul Faulkner whose case was the original subject of the thread was sentenced in July 2021. So I would guess he was originally arrested either late 2020 or early 2021. If this is the newest and most relevant case they can conjure up for their propaganda it just shows how inadequate and inefficient their investigative capabilities really are.
P.S Faulkner will have been released around Jan/Feb 2022 a much wiser man and probably now running a lot bigger IPTV operation behind front men who will carry the can.

Re Police visiting your house rubbish they dont visit burglaries now so are they going to take the time to go to a Magistrate and swear out a warrant every time. Chief Constables would soon come under pressure it was not in the public interest.

Thank you very much for your help. We understand you are trying to warn us from any future trouble.
IS IT ONLY FOR THIS WEEK ?

Just noticed that Paul Faulkner whose case was the original subject of the thread was sentenced in July 2021. So I would guess he was originally arrested either late 2020 or early 2021. If this is the newest and most relevant case they can conjure up for their propaganda it just shows how inadequate and inefficient their investigative capabilities really are.
P.S Faulkner will have been released around Jan/Feb 2022 a much wiser man and probably now running a lot bigger IPTV operation behind front men who will carry the can.

Re Police visiting your house rubbish they dont visit burglaries now so are they going to take the time to go to a Magistrate and swear out a warrant every time. Chief Constables would soon come under pressure it was not in the public interest.
Yes we are the public and how can they go against our interest

These articles propper make you laugh they have a huge database they can’t prove you was streaming iptv as it only shows as an ip address. The ip address could be any streaming platform.
Thank you very much for your help. We understand you are trying to warn us from any future trouble.
IS IT ONLY FOR THIS WEEK ?
Next week there going after the suspects on crime watch and maybe week after going to bingo hall as dougie nicked the bingo balls

Brits warned of police visits in new illegal TV streaming crackdown

OK so people mocked it as scaremongering in the tabloid media when it was The Mirror that broke the story but now it's been confirmed as FACT on Coventry Live, one of the most reputable news outlets who are known to have strong links with West Mercia Police so I think we can finally all agree that it is true.
That article on the Coventry telegraph says "as reported in the Mirtor", so all they're doing is regurgitating the same story.
HOWEVER, if the TV companies are willing to foot the bill for police officers to visit houses they suspect are identified by whatever means, I don't see any police officer turning down soft overtime. (Much like match day policing for football/rugby, etc.)
HOWEVER, I dont suspect that that TV companies will take the Courts time in applying for 1,000 search/seize warrants, then prosecuting the same number.

There has been an amount of sneering and contempt in this thread, and if it continues, I'll close it. By all means have a reasoned debate, but aim for the argument, not the person.

In the Faulkner case reported, I suspect he wasnt raided for watching TV, it was for being a supplier, and they then added the charge of watching the illegally streamed TV.

That's just my experience of all this throughout the last 20 ish years of CS/IPTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back