Reception issues using CWAITE list

There was a break in the rain and wind so I went out and had a little fiddle with the dish - I didn't have line of site to the TV so I set the box to monitor a low signal channel, nudge the dish, go back to the window and peep through.. what would the neighbours think?!

long story short, the dish's mount is as tight as a drum, I highly doubt its moved at all since position was set. No change in signal strength running back and forward, and couldn't tell if it changed as it was wiggled about.

It's just on the edge of reach with a broom and I don't own a ladder so I will have to come up with a new cunning plan..

Just a thought you are putting your lnb into the lnb port on openbox and not the loop feed
i have 2x cables come into the house, tried them both ways around.

I can get some channels to work fine, but none of the freeview ones. I get good signal strength on most of the scrambled channels.
I also have a handful of channels with signal but can't get any picture or sound - see pic

20180124_143643-png.30880

If you have an ok broadband speed and as you are in a new place and need some tv why not look at iptv,I have a 6 week sub on a V8 that a mate no longer uses and you are most welcome to it,Drop me a pm and its yours and so easy to add to the box and you will get free view channels,I do not sell iptv for the record

If you have an ok broadband speed and as you are in a new place and need some tv why not look at iptv,I have a 6 week sub on a V8 that a mate no longer uses and you are most welcome to it,Drop me a pm and its yours and so easy to add to the box and you will get free view channels,I do not sell iptv for the record
Don't the v8s need upgrading for iptv to new firmware that's what I got told so never bothered having it on my openbox

I bet the owner had sky q working from that dish

Sky q uses a different lnb on the dish which would give you channel problems on a normal sat box

I would change the lnb on the dish for a hybrid one which can be found on the bay and this should fix your channel problems ;)

Yep agree with dave100 on that, I had a sky q box fitted and another member on here told me to tell the sky installer to fit a hybrid lnb as I have freesat boxes also. actually thinking about it I never did get my octi 8 back lol.

OK well I'm not going to change the LNB as I'm only renting. Might look into other options. Sounds like I won't be paying for a licence though.

does tv or pc or monitor not be classed as viewing apparatus?
would a photo show a different lnb or can one tell?
sky q lnb does it not give 0 channels?

does tv or pc or monitor not be classed as viewing apparatus?
would a photo show a different lnb or can one tell?
sky q lnb does it not give 0 channels?
From the TV Licence website, only a snippet:
Do I need a TV Licence to watch subscription services like Netflix, Amazon or Now TV?
You don’t need a TV Licence if you only ever use these services to watch on demand or catch up programmes except if you’re watching BBC programmes on iPlayer.

Remember, if you watch or record live TV on any device, you need to be covered by a TV Licence.

Live TV means any programme you watch or record at the same time as it’s being shown on TV or live on an online TV service.

I have just moved into a new rental way up north in Scotland and the house has no DTV antenna, but has a minidish from the owner's sly subscription - important - he had sly working.

I bought an openbox (cheap one to make sure it would do what I wanted before I invest any real money in - but following the guide it does appear to be genuine?) and have a couple of issues.

I downloaded the sat/TPS list from CWAITEs but don't get any signal on freesat channels (signal 45% and quality 10%).

I can scan the 28.2 sat (added by TPS) and pick up a lot of non-freesat channels (like the jebus channels and sales etc) and can pick up scrambled sly channels, but can't pick up any freesat at all.

I've had a look at dish alignment and as far as I can tell without a tester it is pointing in the right direction and has what looks to be the right skew for my location.

I've tried a test cline and can only get a few scrambled channels to unlock so I'm not sure if I can get all the sly channels - I'm trying to get a few more test lines from different supps but no love yet.

Any tips or pointers what I should be looking at? I'd be happy enough with just the freesat channels to start with, but it looks like i won't be needing a telly licence at this rate..
Press menu >sat installation > T.P LIST
Check the v and h side off the transponder
If the s.n.r is low on the v side you could
Have l.n.b fault

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's not the cost, it's the fact that I don't own the dish or the house so I am not going to go making any changes, as minor as they are.
You wouldn't be at risk of anything making changes regarding the dish or the cable that comes from it my mum in a private rented house and my mate put her new cable from dish landlord didn't say anything apart from will it stay when you move

Back