Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I had the same email, mines going up by £6 a month.

It's the future increases that take the p!SS, 3.9% plus inflation, so if inflation is at 7% the annual rise will be around 11%

I have the same email, it tells you what you can do. Basically pay it or leave without penalty.
Don't you think VM breaking the contract rules when I took the contract out they told me the price will stay same for 18 months
If I have cancelled before this email then I have to pay penalty for leaving early.

and they have removed your right to cancel now too.
Ridiculous - mine is coming up for renewal in two weeks and if they try and hike my costs I’m just going to tell them that we’ll disconnect and my wife will sign up with a new customer offer.

They can't remove your right to cancel as they are putting prices up during an agreed contract. You can leave penalty free, don't let them palm you off
Ring them and tell them youre leaving unless they can waiver the price increase, if they refuse retentions will ring in a few days and get you to stay

They can't remove your right to cancel as they are putting prices up during an agreed contract. You can leave penalty free, don't let them palm you off
Ring them and tell them youre leaving unless they can waiver the price increase, if they refuse retentions will ring in a few days and get you to stay
No they are removing it from future contracts, read the small print from the post on page 38

Code:
 From April 2024, we are changing our approach so any price rise to your package is always made at the same time every year, and it’ll be linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%, so the amount of any increase will be clearer, sooner. To do this, we need to change our terms and conditions. The key features of these new rules are:[

As this annual price increase is provided for in your terms, there is no right to cancel given for this price increase from April 2024.

Last edited:
Don't you think VM breaking the contract rules when I took the contract out they told me the price will stay same for 18 months
If I have cancelled before this email then I have to pay penalty for leaving early.
If you cancel before they inform you of a price increase then of course there will be a penalty. But in the email it states a date by which you can phone them and cancel without penalty.

I'm going to ring VM on Monday if they don't keep the price same then I'm going to to tell them cancel my contract this is what I have done previously and they gave me better deal if they don't call me back I will try to take the contract in my partner's name or my son

Mine was going up 7 pound a month. I just called them said I wasn't happy and they have added a 7 pound discount to the account so my price will stay the same. Also getting the 7 discount from Feb to April. So for these three months it's actually cheaper then before.

Worth everyone ringing think they have been given a green light to just credit those who ring

Well i rang them this morning took them less than 30 seconds to cancel the rises on my broadband and o2 sim.

I'd of genuinely gone this time and given 3 5g a go, mast is 200 yards or so from me.

Well i rang them this morning took them less than 30 seconds to cancel the rises on my broadband and o2 sim.

I'd of genuinely gone this time and given 3 5g a go, mast is 200 yards or so from me.
I've had the email from O2, but no option to cancel penalty free from them (are you on an old O2 contract) ?

Still not had any email from Virgin though.

Has anyone tried Giganet? They do 150mb for £32 a month

3 months free with no exit fee. Might be worth a try and cancel if no good considering virgin hikes and changes to contract

i threatened to cancel and move to sly, 250Mbps no phone and no tv for £40. 18M contract and free for 2 months.. i thought that was ok

i threatened to cancel and move to sly, 250Mbps no phone and no tv for £40. 18M contract and free for 2 months.. i thought that was ok
You can get gigabit speeds from virgin for same price as new customer without volt

Back