Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I had the same email, mines going up by £6 a month.

It's the future increases that take the p!SS, 3.9% plus inflation, so if inflation is at 7% the annual rise will be around 11%
Ring them up tell them you are cancelling. The guy will do everything possible to keep you, tell them no you've gad better deal elsewhere... Put the cancellation through (dw you can cancell that cancellation) ... The next day or two retention will be calling you. Do a bit of homework on the best deal available around.. Tell them you are switching to that and say if they want you to stay they'll have to match that deal. They'll more thank likely match it

So yeah - use this as leverage when you guys talk to retentions. Say that you`ll disconnect the service unless the retentions team honour the above deal on your account. If not you guys can always cancel and pop into an O2 store and get this deal setup.. Remember "Every little helps"

I rang Virgin Media today and told them that I'm not happy with the price increase of £7 they say they will give me discount and the price increase won't apply to me so the price increase is only for the people who don't ring Virgin Media.

I rang Virgin Media today and told them that I'm not happy with the price increase of £7 they say they will give me discount and the price increase won't apply to me so the price increase is only for the people who don't ring Virgin Media.
I`d push this even more - Follow the steps I`ve laid out above and you can get it much cheaper

I`d push this even more - Follow the steps I`ve laid out above and you can get it much cheaper
I'm at the moment paying £29 a month for broadband and telephone which I think is not bad. after increase I would be paying £36 a month if I haven't rang them today. to my surprise I will be paying £22 a month till my contracts ends the email is below vm send.

Hi *****

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
Broadband: Discount
We've removed:
No services have been removed
Here's how your changes affect your next bill:
Your next bill will be generated on **th March 2023
Your next payment is due on **th April 2023
Your new monthly bundle cost is: £22.00*.
Your next bill will be £10.33* which includes CR £11.67 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of 0.00 for installation or activation.
We've attached a receipt will full details of your new package, plus all the details of costs. If you have any questions about your bill, please visit My Virgin Media.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

I'm at the moment paying £29 a month for broadband and telephone which I think is not bad. after increase I would be paying £36 a month if I haven't rang them today. to my surprise I will be paying £22 a month till my contracts ends the email is below vm send.

Hi *****

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
Broadband: Discount
We've removed:
No services have been removed
Here's how your changes affect your next bill:
Your next bill will be generated on **th March 2023
Your next payment is due on **th April 2023
Your new monthly bundle cost is: £22.00*.
Your next bill will be £10.33* which includes CR £11.67 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of 0.00 for installation or activation.
We've attached a receipt will full details of your new package, plus all the details of costs. If you have any questions about your bill, please visit My Virgin Media.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team
Think the 22 will be your price till it goes up in April

I've been on WhatsApp with them off and on all afternoon as my bill was going to be £20+ more per month. I currently pay £64/month for TV (2 box's), BB and home phone. After going through all the crap the initial "offer" came back at £118/month! I've got 10months left on my contract but said forget it and just cancel it. they come back with £42.50/month for the rest of my current contract with no increase in May which I've accepted.

Thanks for the link but if you read the smaller print its new customers only.
a new customer could be your partner or anyone having a different name than yours. If you have the cancellation email you should just action it and look for ways to save money (if you want to :P )
The retentions team would more than likely put you on a similar deal. I`ve had very good deals from them in the past.

As far as Virgin new customer offers go Ultimate Volt is their best one. It comes bundled with a £25pm unlimited O2 sim which can easily be cancelled with O2 or changed to another mobile contract under the 14 day cooling off period, retaining only the Virgin aspects of the deal and significantly reducing the monthly cost.

Several times a year they run a promotion for a few days where the deal comes with an additional £200 bill credit or a free 43" LG 4K TV. The telly whilst not from Curry's is usually the same model they sell at that price. Although some have had issues with delivery so bill credit potentially more appealing, especially if it can be applied straight away.

A quick internet search shows how often this deal comes around, as the tabloids tend to plug it with the kind of enthusiasm and free publicity most privately owned businesses could only dream of! Although in the light of the bill hike letters only just going out they may choose to hold off for a short while as not to rile existing customers too much.

Last month whilst the offer was on it was also reduced from £60pm to £54pm and for that you got: 1 Gbp/s Fibre, unlimited calls from a landline, TV 360 box, (wired) Multiroom box, full TV package in HD including Sky Movies, Sky Sports and BT Sport Ultimate and choice of £200 credit / 43" LG TV.

As far as Virgin new customer offers go Ultimate Volt is their best one. It comes bundled with a £25pm unlimited O2 sim which can easily be cancelled with O2 or changed to another mobile contract under the 14 day cooling off period, retaining only the Virgin aspects of the deal and significantly reducing the monthly cost.

Several times a year they run a promotion for a few days where the deal comes with an additional £200 bill credit or a free 43" LG 4K TV. The telly whilst not from Curry's is usually the same model they sell at that price. Although some have had issues with delivery so bill credit potentially more appealing, especially if it can be applied straight away.

A quick internet search shows how often this deal comes around, as the tabloids tend to plug it with the kind of enthusiasm and free publicity most privately owned businesses could only dream of! Although in the light of the bill hike letters only just going out they may choose to hold off for a short while as not to rile existing customers too much.

Last month whilst the offer was on it was also reduced from £60pm to £54pm and for that you got: 1 Gbp/s Fibre, unlimited calls from a landline, TV 360 box, (wired) Multiroom box, full TV package in HD including Sky Movies, Sky Sports and BT Sport Ultimate and choice of £200 credit / 43" LG TV.
That's a good deal..am assuming 18 month contract...if that comes up again give me the heads up👍

When on the phone to them they said they are sending out emails/letters in 2 Waves
Second wave begins sending out in the first week in March and you have to wait on letter/email before you can properly negotiate
But she was able to tell me how much mine was going to go up, but for a better deal wait until I had it in black and white

Back