Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I’m a new customer with virgin had email from 02 but not virgin we was told on sign up £20 for 18 months with volt and 530mbps.
Wonder if this price increase is for existing customers and not new customers

It is for everyone mate but everyone will be able renegotiate their deal too
I would think Carefully, about anyone Renegotiating there contracts with VM.
Next April 2024, the T+C‘s are changing.
Everyone will have to Pay these Price Rises.
Can Only Cancel, Once Your Contract Finishes.

Probably best, to just agree a discount, on there existing contract.
Rather than take out a new Contract.

I would think Carefully, about anyone Renegotiating there contracts with VM.
Next April 2024, the T+C‘s are changing.
Everyone will have to Pay these Price Rises.
Can Only Cancel, Once Your Contract Finishes.

Probably best, to just agree a discount, on there existing contract.
Rather than take out a new Contract.
Or ask for a 12 month deal now and negotiate it next year in your 30 day penalty free period and every year after

Or ask for a 12 month deal now and negotiate it next year in your 30 day penalty free period and every year after
Yes I did mention earlier on contract in my wifes name and she had not had any email yet about price increase but she did call virmin today and they said no increase untill naxt january and that is when our 18 month contract runs out so it will just be a case of signing up again at the time and hopefully negotiate a new deal.

Doesn't seem right that they were increasing by over 25%. They are stating an increase of under 14%. Might want to check your numbers
i was paying £35 a month and was going up £9
We're writing to tell you about some changes that'll affect your package price, our services, and the way our price rises will work from 2024 onwards. Please make sure you read this email carefully.

As you can probably imagine, with costs like energy bills rising fast, our running costs are increasing too. So to make sure we can keep giving you the quality of service you expect from us, the price of your package will go up by £9.00 a month from 1st May 2023.

If you’re not happy with this or any of the other changes announced in this email, you can change or cancel your package. For more information, please scroll to the bottom of this email. To find out more about your price rise, head to our online help page.

i was paying £35 a month and was going up £9
We're writing to tell you about some changes that'll affect your package price, our services, and the way our price rises will work from 2024 onwards. Please make sure you read this email carefully.

As you can probably imagine, with costs like energy bills rising fast, our running costs are increasing too. So to make sure we can keep giving you the quality of service you expect from us, the price of your package will go up by £9.00 a month from 1st May 2023.

If you’re not happy with this or any of the other changes announced in this email, you can change or cancel your package. For more information, please scroll to the bottom of this email. To find out more about your price rise, head to our online help page.
I'm paying £46 per month and it was going up by £7 per the email. Personally I would have challenged your increase as its an average of 13.8% increase. Mines slightly higher but yours is over 25%. Is what it is, buts that's a shocking increase they can't expect to pull over anyone

I'm paying £46 per month and it was going up by £7 per the email. Personally I would have challenged your increase as its an average of 13.8% increase. Mines slightly higher but yours is over 25%. Is what it is, buts that's a shocking increase they can't expect to pull over anyone
Yes but you do not know price of full package for example we are on 18 month contract package should cost £50 after 18 month for m200 but we pay £30, £20 is discount my wife called to enquire if ours was going up they said not untill january 2024. Virgin has since called her back saying they would take £7 off our current payments so its now down to £23 a month.

Yes but you do not know price of full package for example we are on 18 month contract package should cost £50 after 18 month for m200 but we pay £30, £20 is discount my wife called to enquire if ours was going up they said not untill january 2024. Virgin has since called her back saying they would take £7 off our current payments so its now down to £23 a month.
when we get our email from VM I will give you a shout and your wife can negotiate for us lol

just left there this morning.
was on 250mb for £40
was going up to £47, so left for free
but they did offer me £33 not sure how long for mind, she never said

That means your price will go up by £7 and they are just applying the extra discount of £7 to cover it.

You won't end up paying £23

That means your price will go up by £7 and they are just applying the extra discount of £7 to cover it.

You won't end up paying £23
Got my email yesterday (£7 increase). When I took my contract out in October 22 I was given the impression (wrong!) that I would not be affected by price increases until April 24.
Anyway, rang this morning and started the conversation by saying "I want to cancel my contract due to the upcoming price increase"
Lady offered me a £7 discount straight away, no quibbling.
They do it in a 'funny' way though : I pay £31 a month, in April it will reduce to £24 then when the price increase comes in it will go to £31....!

Got my email yesterday (£7 increase). When I took my contract out in October 22 I was given the impression (wrong!) that I would not be affected by price increases until April 24.
Anyway, rang this morning and started the conversation by saying "I want to cancel my contract due to the upcoming price increase"
Lady offered me a £7 discount straight away, no quibbling.
They do it in a 'funny' way though : I pay £31 a month, in April it will reduce to £24 then when the price increase comes in it will go to £31....!
Yes their systems are awful, the way they apply credits is backwards, they make it sound like you will pay less when in reality you end up paying the same, but initially you are normally billed higher, then get it back the following month (if your lucky).

I left last week after a £7 increase, was paying £25 pm for 125mb b'band. Rang me back 3 times and ended up offering £17 to stay, told them I was still leaving:tearsofjoy:

A few people on the HUKD thread with success as removing the increase of getting a better deal, since the merger with o2 they are going to move to the o2 way of april increases RPI+3.9% written into the T&C's.

Yes their systems are awful, the way they apply credits is backwards, they make it sound like you will pay less when in reality you end up paying the same, but initially you are normally billed higher, then get it back the following month (if your lucky).
They did that with me. I was on a £38.00 contract for bb phone and tv. I upgraded to better tv and the package was £46.00. I got a bill through saying they were taking £125.00 out of my account and i would get it back the month after. That was not happening and they lost a customer over it.

Back