Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Same just off off the phone and they applied extra £7 discount to March 2024 to offset increase and next bill will be cheaper as applying from now and the increase not till April . M200 volted (get 230 on speed test), basic landline remains at 25per month for a further year.

Mrs was talking to them earlier, they agreed to drop the increase from £9 to £3, if she said no, then our bill goes from £39-70 up to £51-70 in july when our contract is up, she told them to stuff it and we will be leaving at the end of the month, wait now to see if they phone back.

Hmm no email from virmin, however they have sent me a letter in the post instead.

It says the prices are going up 1st May, but the 2023 price increase will not effect me until my current contact expires and then it will rise by £7 a month (yeh and the rest), however I still have the option to cancel if I don't like the other changes they have made.

Not sure if it's worth me ringing them up now or not.

Hmm no email from virmin, however they have sent me a letter in the post instead.

It says the prices are going up 1st May, but the 2023 price increase will not effect me until my current contact expires and then it will rise by £7 a month (yeh and the rest), however I still have the option to cancel if I don't like the other changes they have made.

Like you I have had a letter instead of the email but mine states it will go up £7/month from May 1st.

Your better off waiting till you have 30 days or less of your contract remaining because you have more leverage to strike a better deal. Once you activate your cancellation notice it flags your account in the retentions department etc.

Your better off waiting till you have 30 days or less of your contract remaining because you have more leverage to strike a better deal. Once you activate your cancellation notice it flags your account in the retentions department etc.
Yeh i've had a quick look about, I can't find anything better for the same or less than my current price.

I can't get out of the 02 contract for another 7 / 8 months either, so I would end up screwing myself over if I tried to leave now I think.

No way that I will be paying the normal price + £7 though when this contract ends.

I was paying £16 a month for M50 broadband only and got it down to £13 today come may it will go up to £19 and contract ends September so will need to phone again and haggle them down as it will smash up to £38 a month!! Lol 😂

Iv still not received this Price Increase Email / Letter.
Anyone else still waiting ?

I Would call them, but cant be arsed with the Standard 20 min Call waiting.

I decided to just take the automatic discount that they offer when you phone, our price is going up by £7 on 1st May, our contract ends in July so will pay about £21 more. The automated system offered me £3.50 discount starting from today, so between now and July thats about 5 months so about £17.50, so I will be paying an extra £4.50 over the 5 months at which point I will be phoning to 'cancel' anyway.

I decided to just take the automatic discount that they offer when you phone, our price is going up by £7 on 1st May, our contract ends in July so will pay about £21 more. The automated system offered me £3.50 discount starting from today, so between now and July thats about 5 months so about £17.50, so I will be paying an extra £4.50 over the 5 months at which point I will be phoning to 'cancel' anyway.
I did the same last year, but they didnt honour the discount.
Chased them for 3 months, before they rectified it.

3 months of my life wasted, being put through to there stupid Overseas Call Centers, and harassing them for £3.50 off each month.
Never Again. :laughing:

Last edited:
Back