Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

That smarty sim is doing to be my home broadband, on a 3 sim i get 600mb and above. I have had 3 sims before but once you go off the beaten path i found they lose signal quickly. I currently usa a labara sim in my phone. It was 6 months 12gb @ 1p per month and then its 12gb at £6.80 with no contract.
1p a month is brilliant lets be honest i was happy with £1.59 i could have got another 158 sim cards on your deal sold them on ali express then bought some chinese Iptv subs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1p a month is brilliant lets be honest i was happy with £1.59 i could have got another 158 sim cards on your deal sold them on ali express then bought some chinese Iptv subs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It was a deal from moneysaving experts i believe. 6 months @ 1p then remaineder of 12 months at £6.80 but i can leave at any time. I like the vodafone network it suits my needs.

Last edited:
Yes but just remember when buying pick tax free zone address I have to pay tax on even single subs for myself
i,e , Update Your VAT ID and Get Verified
:LOL:

Depends how many kids you've got I guess using data? Ping not bling for me so was happy to ditch virgin when fftp was available finally.

Only time the speed counts for me is torrents for 4k films and I'm happy to wait. I can remember dial up using winmx to download films back in the day so it's all pretty fast to me...

Yes put cancellation in yesterday, phone call today
Yesterday they offered me same deal I was on minus price rise
Did you put the cancellation in on the link in the letter

Yes but just remember when buying pick tax free zone address I have to pay tax on even single subs for myself
i,e , Update Your VAT ID and Get Verified
:LOL:
I often see people doing similar when buying VPN's. They choose USA and convert to dollars but nobody seems to consider places such as Isle of Man or Channel Islands which neither have VAT and use £.

I've just been round to my dad's the morning and spoken with retentions. He had a 125mb lnternet connection, phone but he also has chatter anytime @ £32.00. They sent him an email yesterday saying it was going up to £61
Per month. I spent 40mins on the phone and walked away with same package but with just £1 increase. Dad's happy enough and I don't have to fight with retentions during my working week.

I often see people doing similar when buying VPN's. They choose USA and convert to dollars but nobody seems to consider places such as Isle of Man or Channel Islands which neither have VAT and use £.
There is VAT in both of those Crown Dependencies, the IoM is the same as the UK, CI are a bit less the last time I was there.

Hi ,Update just had the retentions call and said for 18 months i could have 250m and weekend calls for £20 , I said no due to being locked into another 18 mths contract and there terms have changed for 2024 so no get out clause if price increase the lady replied that i could but i pointed it out and then she said ok bye, Am i being to picky plz lmk.

Hi ,Update just had the retentions call and said for 18 months i could have 250m and weekend calls for £20 , I said no due to being locked into another 18 mths contract and there terms have changed for 2024 so no get out clause if price increase the lady replied that i could but i pointed it out and then she said ok bye, Am i being to picky plz lmk.
A lot of providers are going down that road now because the market for trade is so volatile at the min.
To be fair that's a pretty good price for that package so maybe have a shop round at other providers available in your area and compare etc 👍

Back