Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I got Three mobile broadband in a couple of months ago, so when the price increase email arrived I told them I was cancelling. In the end they rang back 3 times and ended up offering 125mb for £17 a month, not bad I guess but still declined the offer as they piss me off.

I got Three mobile broadband in a couple of months ago, so when the price increase email arrived I told them I was cancelling. In the end they rang back 3 times and ended up offering 125mb for £17 a month, not bad I guess but still declined the offer as they piss me off.
We tried the Three Broadband a few years ago, couldn't get on with it. For some reason we couldn't access some site with it, ie our banks web site etc other sites it was fine

We tried the Three Broadband a few years ago, couldn't get on with it. For some reason we couldn't access some site with it, ie our banks web site etc other sites it was fine
Tbh, I've not had a problem with it at all. I bought a wifi adaptor for my pc and stream with it on firestick and cube. Not had any probs accessing any sites at all. Just tried my online banking ....no probs. I could be lucky that it's ok in my area, speeds are good too around 150mb on average.

Tbh, I've not had a problem with it at all. I bought a wifi adaptor for my pc and stream with it on firestick and cube. Not had any probs accessing any sites at all. Just tried my online banking ....no probs. I could be lucky that it's ok in my area, speeds are good too around 150mb on average.
Do you have the three home router or a dongle for your laptop? we had the router, I think we had to mess with the settings, one setting let us access the bank etc but it was slow, other setting gave us better speed but messed up a few sites for some reason. I think it was just a 3g router at the time so things have probably improve over the past year or so.

Do you have the three home router or a dongle for your laptop? we had the router, I think we had to mess with the settings, one setting let us access the bank etc but it was slow, other setting gave us better speed but messed up a few sites for some reason. I think it was just a 3g router at the time so things have probably improve over the past year or so.
Yeh, It's the 4G+ router I had to get as there is no 5G round here yet. Very simple set up, put the sim in and plugged it in, only thing I would say is, it has to be on a window sill to get decent reception, which is fine here.

I did the same last year, but they didnt honour the discount.
Chased them for 3 months, before they rectified it.

3 months of my life wasted, being put through to there stupid Overseas Call Centers, and harassing them for £3.50 off each month.
Never Again. :laughing:
Hopefully should be all good here as I have just had a confirmation email of my new price, £37.50/month rather than £41.

Finally got my outbound retention call from Virgin after cancelling last week. Offered me 1gig broadband plus the mesh pods for £25/month. They offered to add on an unlimited O2 sim for £15/month but my current O2 sim is less and has more than enough data.

Finally got my outbound retention call from Virgin after cancelling last week. Offered me 1gig broadband plus the mesh pods for £25/month. They offered to add on an unlimited O2 sim for £15/month but my current O2 sim is less and has more than enough data.
£25 is ridiculously cheap lol even for new customers its £45

£25 is ridiculously cheap lol even for new customers its £45
Completely agree lol. I told the guy who called that my friend had been given 1gig for £25 - he actually had, I didn’t make that up - so the guy just said he would match that for me.

dreaded letter has come through yesterday. whats everyone paying for basic broadband 125mbs, basic tv and basic telephone (free weekends)?

Last edited:
Brilliant. You've gotta be brave and wait! Well done!

what do you call Basic Broadband? you might call basic 50mbps, where I may consider 350mbps basic minimum
Depends how many kids you've got I guess using data? Ping not bling for me so was happy to ditch virgin when fftp was available finally.

Only time the speed counts for me is torrents for 4k films and I'm happy to wait. I can remember dial up using winmx to download films back in the day so it's all pretty fast to me...

Depends how many kids you've got I guess using data? Ping not bling for me so was happy to ditch virgin when fftp was available finally.

Only time the speed counts for me is torrents for 4k films and I'm happy to wait. I can remember dial up using winmx to download films back in the day so it's all pretty fast to me...
ooh the days of dial up, what fun days they where NOT

Back