Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Got the outbound retentions call back and got 10 quid a month off my bill, so instead of 47 and would've had a price increase of 9, I'm now going to be paying 37 and not affected by price rise. Happy with that

One note the caller when they were on the phone mentioned they are going to offer fttp like bt but there's no timescale of when, very interesting

Got the outbound retentions call back and got 10 quid a month off my bill, so instead of 47 and would've had a price increase of 9, I'm now going to be paying 37 and not affected by price rise. Happy with that

One note the caller when they were on the phone mentioned they are going to offer fttp like bt but there's no timescale of when, very interesting
Not bad - what does the package include?

Yes put cancellation in yesterday, phone call today
Yesterday they offered me same deal I was on minus price rise

Well i got one of £10 discount from now so bb is only £15.50 this month but my broadband will go up by £ 1.50 bb&fone £27 a month .

Some are too afraid to put cancellations in so don't get these offers from the outbound team. I know it's hassle having to wait around for a call but it's worth it. They will beat the cancellation teams best offers by miles.

If I went back to virgin again I'd take a deal then cancel under cooling off quickly as they'll try to keep you..... Quick tip tell them you get T3 timeouts often despite having engineers out etc , the outbounds don't check any of that. There mission is to not lose a customer at any cost I think

Phoned 0345 VM retentions t/day and would only knock £2.50 off my bill so i continued to cancel and still no more discount hopefully waiting for the phone call for a better deal (It was going up £7.00 )

It's not only virgin, I'm on 3 home 5g broadband and i have only been with them 3 months and they have written to me saying my bill is going up nearly 15% or about £3.75 per month. Nope its not i have bought my own 5g router the same as they provided and i've ordered a unlimited smarty 5g sim for £15.00 per month.

It's not only virgin, I'm on 3 home 5g broadband and i have only been with them 3 months and they have written to me saying my bill is going up nearly 15% or about £3.75 per month. Nope its not i have bought my own 5g router the same as they provided and i've ordered a unlimited smarty 5g sim for £15.00 per month.
I have just switched to smarty my last 3 bill was £22 out of contract same package £7 a month.

I'm guessing that's not unlimited data though? The cheapest I could find without going to ID was £15
I was on 5GB monthly i am getting 15GB now only use it for surfing the net mainly. I bought a rolling lebara 1 month only £1.59 for the 1st 6 months that is unlimited data signal is shite in my area though.

I was on 5GB monthly i am getting 15GB now only use it for surfing the net mainly
That smarty sim is doing to be my home broadband, on a 3 sim i get 600mb and above. I have had 3 sims before but once you go off the beaten path i found they lose signal quickly. I currently usa a labara sim in my phone. It was 6 months 12gb @ 1p per month and then its 12gb at £6.80 with no contract.

to be fair, who really needs Unlimited Data, I've got 120GB (Volted to 240), and am lucky if I use 1gb in a normal month.
No this is for use as my home broadband not for use in a phone. I have a 5g home router, in fact i have two but i just bought one of them outright and will send one back to 3.

Back