Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Yeah thought something was a miss , they moved to RPI , still this time last year it was 13.8. Still looking like less than £2 rise for me

Never had a big mad 3 bundle of phone TV bb. What was the price rise before, this change , was it £3.99 no matter what service you had.

Never had a big mad 3 bundle of phone TV bb. What was the price rise before, this change , was it £3.99 no matter what service you had.
My increase last year was £7.00 (250Mb/phone talk anytime) - they had a system where if you rang up to complain they offered a reduction (£2.50/£3.50 ??) which I took

Yes ours went up £7 , think they calculated in the COVID break and doubled it. Ors was ending then to so negotiated a new one. Should all be getting notified soon

i was lucky that in my area they had laid cables in the ground so another fibre company were touting for business and also you youfibre had just gone live, jacked vm and went with youfibre, £25 p/m for 1gb also no need for a vpn for iptv, no reward for loyalty with these greedy companies also no mid contract hikes on 2 year contract

Bill for April told today will be 8.8 on top of £34.00 , xtra £2.99.

We pay £20 with discounts taking the £34 down to £20. Can't understand the last bit of the email stating ,

If you currently have an offer or discount on your main services , this increase will apply to the monthly price after your discount or offer expires.

Thought we would get an increase on the £20.

I'm I reading it wrong?

When I re-signed up last July (had given notice of cancellation and had about 1.5 weeks left before disconnection), I was told I would pay £26 for the full 18 months of the contract, I asked about the price increase and was told it would not apply to me, until the contract ends.

Today I got the letter saying that it's going up 8.8% next month, which means the monthly cost is £28.28.

So rang them up, had a heated argument and told them to go listen to their recording of the conversation from last July, they said they only keep the recordings for 6 months and as there was no notes on my account, nothing they could do.

I told them they mis-sold the contract to me, and now they are in breach of contract, so they can either cancel the 8.8% rise on my contract, or terminate the contract now, otherwise i'd be seeking legal advice.

In the end they put a £25 credit on my account, which more than covers the 8.8% price increase for the next 10 months.

Net result means I am now effectively paying £25.79 per month instead of £26.

Bill for April told today will be 8.8 on top of £34.00 , xtra £2.99.

We pay £20 with discounts taking the £34 down to £20. Can't understand the last bit of the email stating ,

If you currently have an offer or discount on your main services , this increase will apply to the monthly price after your discount or offer expires.

Thought we would get an increase on the £20.

I'm I reading it wrong?
I have also been informed - price inceases on 1st of April

on VM website it says this for me

• "..This price rise only applies to your main services (broadband, TV, and phone). Your bill will increase from £31.00 to £33.72 - this is an increase of £2.72 per month. Any add-ons are excluded from this price rise..."
=====

"..If you currently have an offer or discount on your main services, this increase will apply to the monthly price after your discount or offer expires.."

Not sure just what that means !

Just had same problem with price increase wouldn't budge. And told can't cancel penalty free they said. even though my contract states this. Sent a letter which I never do. Even if the price is mega cheap I'm off from these clowns in 2 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307-191708~2.png
    Screenshot_20240307-191708~2.png
    788.9 KB · Views: 18
Just had same problem with price increase wouldn't budge. And told can't cancel penalty free they said. even though my contract states this. Sent a letter which I never do. Even if the price is mega cheap I'm off from these clowns in 2 months.
Vote with your feet! Despite living close to the city centre I couldn't get any decent internet other then virgin up until last year, I was off as soon as I could order with someone else and my new provider guarantees no price increases.

Cancellation jig may be coming to and end !!

My contract comes to an end soon - logged on to my account to see an offer of £32 - currently paying £31 !!! :)

EE knocked on my door last week with special offers for new customers - suspect new competitors in the area are making VM think about their prices >??

Cancellation jig may be coming to and end !!
Not sure how long they will continue with this, it's very clear customers are getting very annoyed with this above inflation mid term price rises, not just with bb but also mobile contracts.

Seeing as most mobile providers are now linked in 1 way or another to bb providers, I think in the long term this is gonna bite them hard, and they will be forced to stop doing this for both mobile and broadband.

In the meantime the only way to stop yourself from being ripped off, is to simply move to another provider that guarantee's no mid term price rises during the contract.

Not sure how long they will continue with this, it's very clear customers are getting very annoyed with this above inflation mid term price rises, not just with bb but also mobile contracts.

Seeing as most mobile providers are now linked in 1 way or another to bb providers, I think in the long term this is gonna bite them hard, and they will be forced to stop doing this for both mobile and broadband.

In the meantime the only way to stop yourself from being ripped off, is to simply move to another provider that guarantee's no mid term price rises during the contract.
I personally don't think it will come to an end, most have the mid term price hikes, so there is no incentive for any of them to stop doing it, unless that is a, large number of their customers switch to the smaller bb and phone companies like giff gaff who claim no mid term hikes. But then saying that, how long will O2 allow giff gaff and others piggy back off their service without increasing prices mid term?

I personally don't think it will come to an end, most have the mid term price hikes, so there is no incentive for any of them to stop doing it, unless that is a, large number of their customers switch to the smaller bb and phone companies like giff gaff who claim no mid term hikes. But then saying that, how long will O2 allow giff gaff and others piggy back off their service without increasing prices mid term?
Ofcom will put a stop to it imo.

As for giffgaff / o2, giffgaff will buy the network capacity (calls / data) etc from o2, but o2 will have no say in what giffgaff charge customers, if giffgaff wanted to give it away free, nothing o2 could do about that, as long as they get paid what was agreed.

Back