Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Ofcom will put a stop to it imo.

As for giffgaff / o2, giffgaff will buy the network capacity (calls / data) etc from o2, but o2 will have no say in what giffgaff charge customers, if giffgaff wanted to give it away free, nothing o2 could do about that, as long as they get paid what was agreed.
Ofcom allow it for mobile contracts too they'll not change anything. As long as its in the terms of conditions when you sign up you are agreeing to it when accepting the contract

Ofcom will put a stop to it imo.

As for giffgaff / o2, giffgaff will buy the network capacity (calls / data) etc from o2, but o2 will have no say in what giffgaff charge customers, if giffgaff wanted to give it away free, nothing o2 could do about that, as long as they get paid what was agreed.
Yes ofcom looking into it like everything else nothing ever happens

I've just been on live chat with Virgin to speak to them about getting my mother a better deal, this is a breakdown of how the conversation went...

Me: I am contacting you because the price is too high, It was £37 and it's just been increased to £40.25p.
Virgin : Ok, let me see what I can do.
Me: Ok
Virgin: Good news! I can give you the same as what you're getting now for £50 per month, how does that sound?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've just been on live chat with Virgin to speak to them about getting my mother a better deal, this is a breakdown of how the conversation went...

Me: I am contacting you because the price is too high, It was £37 and it's just been increased to £40.25p.
Virgin: Good news! I can give you the same as what you're getting now for £50 per month, how does that sound?

One word Virmin.

Had similar conversation other week and was offered similar, they said come back when contract is finishing as mine still has few months left to run and there will be better offer available, this was from retention team.

This contract still has several months left on it, I still told them to put the cancellation request through. No doubt they'll ring in the next couple of days to offer a better deal like they usually do (and did for mine recently).

This contract still has several months left on it, I still told them to put the cancellation request through. No doubt they'll ring in the next couple of days to offer a better deal like they usually do (and did for mine recently).
You can't cancel mid contract anymore due to price rise anymire, they changed the T&C a while back

You can't cancel mid contract anymore due to price rise anymire, they changed the T&C a while back

You can cancel any time you like, you'll just incur EDF's if you're still in contract. Put your cancellation request through anyway, you've got 30 days notice then they'll always more often than not call you to give you a better deal.

You can cancel any time you like, you'll just incur EDF's if you're still in contract. Put your cancellation request through anyway, you've got 30 days notice then they'll always more often than not call you to give you a better deal.
They will make more letting you go

You will pay to cancel early without any services being provided.
But they look at the bigger picture and if they offer me a new 18 month contract at £35 a month for example (£630 for length of contract) rather than lose me as a customer and paying them an EDF of say £250 for example, they're still quids in.

But they look at the bigger picture and if they offer me a new 18 month contract at £35 a month for example (£630 for length of contract) rather than lose me as a customer and paying them an EDF of say £250 for example, they're still quids in.
Is the luck of the draw depends who does the offering at retentions.
I would wait till near end if contract.
Screenshot_20240316-152009.pngScreenshot_20240316-152020.png

You can cancel whenever you want for any reason you want.

But you will have to pay off the remaining term of the contract.
You could cancel without EDF when there was a price rise untill new T&C were implemented as you know. But now you have to pay to exit contract early.

Is the luck of the draw depends who dies the offering at retentions.

I must be the luckiest person alive then because during my many years as a customer, this is something I've done quite a lot and the end result is always the same which is a phone call from them after giving notice of cancellation with a better deal offered. Of course that will mean being tied into a new 18 month contract with the stipulation that there will be a mid-term price rise in April but when that price rise comes around again, repeat the same process and the outcome from experience is usually the same.

There are always ways to get around EDF's too - simply agree to a new 18 month contract then within 14 days (your cooling off period) ring them to cancel. You'll be able to then leave them with 30 days notice, pay for what you've used and leave without paying an EDF.

I must be the luckiest person alive then because during my many years as a customer, this is something I've done quite a lot and the end result is always the same which is a phone call from them after giving notice of cancellation with a better deal offered. Of course that will mean being tied into a new 18 month contract with the stipulation that there will be a mid-term price rise in April but when that price rise comes around again, repeat the same process and the outcome from experience is usually the same.

There are always ways to get around EDF's too - simply agree to a new 18 month contract then within 14 days (your cooling off period) ring them to cancel. You'll be able to then leave them with 30 days notice, pay for what you've used and leave without paying an EDF.
Lucky you like you say😂

It's all about the bottom line for VM and they're already making millions in profit so even if they offer you a deal at a cheaper rate, they're still improving their profit margins so it's a win win situation for them.

Back