Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

It was 5gb for £6.00 but my luck its back to 4gb £6.00 and i went through uswitch TCB and hopefully get the £11.90.

It was 5gb for £6.00 but my luck its back to 4gb £6.00 and i went through uswitch TCB and hopefully get the £11.90.
Ah right ye seen on o2 app the deals for 5gb and 20gb have ended.

With the cashback probably work out bit more cheaper for you.

You won't have to wait long for volt benefits to be added. They usually add them well within the 14 days.

Anyone happen to have the outbound retentions number they were contacted on, tried the normal route of options 1,1,4,4 on the phone but sat waiting for near two hours on two different calls, with nobody answering.

Anyone happen to have the outbound retentions number they were contacted on, tried the normal route of options 1,1,4,4 on the phone but sat waiting for near two hours on two different calls, with nobody answering.
Its posted somewhere on this thread

If you put cancellation notice in they will ring you within no time.

Or when you go through the normal retentions team ask them to put you through the level 2 team I believe its called and they will give you similiar deals.

Mines due in August so I'll simply,
Ring them,
Cancel,
Sit back,
Take their call from retentions,
And barter out a deal like I'm at a Turkish market,
Then wait another 18month till the process starts again.
If they don't ring me back?,
The wife will open up an account in her sole name

Mines due in August so I'll simply,
Ring them,
Cancel,
Sit back,
Take their call from retentions,
And barter out a deal like I'm at a Turkish market,
Then wait another 18month till the process starts again.
If they don't ring me back?,
The wife will open up an account in her sole name
I did exactly the same thing you listed out above in order to save some money but it sort of backfired lol.
My contract was up on the 6th July, so I rang them up on the 6th June to see what they can offer on my current deal, which was 2 boxes, 500mb broadband , landline and TV with movies and sports, all for
£87 pm. Come 6th July this was going to shoot up to £148pm, so I told them if they can't offer me a price around what I'm paying at the moment then I'm going to cancel.

Since they could not match my current offer I asked them the cost for only broadband & landline but ditch the TV, to which they said £55 pm.
This also appeared too high as they had the same offer on for new customers but for £36pm, so I told them to cancel if they can't match the price of new customers.

Disconnection notice went in, about a few days later virgin retention called me up and said best we can offer you is £44pm for broadband and landline. I told them i'd think about it and hung up expecting them to call me back a few days later, but I never received the second call.

So last week I started to panic as I did not have a plan b in place, so I tried contacting Virgin via the app, no response even though it kept saying someone would be with you shortly, this never happend. I finally managed to get through, and spoke to some chap who I could barely hear with a dogy headset, so I had to end the call.

4 days before the disconnection date, I told my wife to take out a contract in her name as a new customer for £36pm, the kit landed today which was the same date I got disconnected.

They are Vermin for a reason!

@TheSource do I win the prize?? Tried my best but wouldn't go as low as the best price to date 🤣

Solid deal mate it's close as yours is 200MB but @G_1981 still holds the lowest price to beat at £14 at 100MB probably need to do a poll what's better value 100mb at £14 or 200mb at £18 :laughing:

Edit: If you have Volt you can double that right? 400MB for £18 will obliterate everything lol!

IMG_20211114_192637.jpg

Hi i got slashed from 100mb speed with vermin to bring price down i could not afford, curious is that ok to run iptv. thanks

Hi i got slashed from 100mb speed with vermin to bring price down i could not afford, curious is that ok to run iptv. thanks
Your getting 100mbps??? If so that will easily run iptv and any other device on your network bud.
I only get 36mbps and can run iptv in 4 bedrooms and a living plus devices other on network

iv got a vm contract 18 month out on October 21 ends April 23 for £57 00 fixed prise for 18 month for 500m bb but now there put the price up to £114.00 looking for another provider now vm saying there made a mistake on price now it has to go up

@TheSource do I win the prize?? Tried my best but wouldn't go as low as the best price to date 🤣
Banging deal for 200mb and as mentioned Volt bolt on would boost to 400mb possible 500mb
Solid deal mate it's close as yours is 200MB but @G_1981 still holds the lowest price to beat at £14 at 100MB probably need to do a poll what's better value 100mb at £14 or 200mb at £18 :laughing:

Edit: If you have Volt you can double that right? 400MB for £18 will obliterate everything lol!

View attachment 78134
Lowest deal ive seen on VM forums was a £1 cheaper than this but still a fantastic price non the less 👌👌👌

l started a 4g contract back in march, 18 mths first 6 mths £10 per mth and £20 per mth there after, preparing for ditching VM.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 21-15-39 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 21-15-39 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 16
Back