Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 80cm ground mount up at the moment and I can get 7w to 52e. The pitch that the signal comes down at is approx the same as the pitch of a roof. I then have a 1m dish that can go from 45W to about 60e. It's above a kitchen extension so i can climb out of a fire window or even open a velux window and get to it. :)

Sorry for the image quality and size.
The dish will go below the gutter on the wall so not directly exposed to wind in the open as it will have wall to its back.
so with the dish in the proposed position, what proportion of the arc will you see. If it was on the floor below is there no line of site to the same arc? If the dish is of substantial size it will have to be mounted a fair distance from the wall to prevent the dish from hitting the wall

This is how the arc looks at ground level
so with the dish in the proposed position, what proportion of the arc will you see. If it was on the floor below is there no line of site to the same arc? If the dish is of substantial size it will have to be mounted a fair distance from the wall to prevent the dish from hitting the wall

Attachments

• capture1.jpg
    capture1.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 65
yes got it, so unless you are up high you will get nothing, even sky would need the special install team, dread to see how much gear they bring now. They came to put me a dish up 7 feet off the ground, had climbing helmet, harness and ropes on the ladder that he had to bolt to the wall, madness.

One thing to consider is that a big dish at height that is exposed to winds will always move slightly over time and the motor will die eventually so it is of great benefit to you to get hands on with this in the long run. My first motor lasted 25 years and was moved 4 times from house to house. The Stab replacement lasted 6 months so if you are looking at £500 every time someone goes up the ladder, you may as well pay sky. Would be cheaper to get a small scaffold tower, thats what I did before I got used to the height, just do everything on the ladder now
is that the same with mesh dishes? my area gets so windy at times that I don't even want to consider a solid dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back