Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered on 7th January, dispatched next day,cleared customs then no update on tracking (UPS) for 6 weeks then was returned to sender in Spain. Cancelled the order in the end and they refunded payment next day.
I don't think the couriers can cope with the new paperwork, through work I currently have one package held heading to Germany and 2 x going to Italy.

My starsat is working fine also, maybe the viark are a bit crap ?

No viark better overall just about, have both. Don't have the optical cable option on my startsat for sound, not that it matters as only set up for sports and betting in my gambling den

That's where I bought mine from, maybe our boxes are sat together collecting dust in Madrid, I had good news just tonight, my package has finally cleared customs. :smiley:

Had a drs2 from them well before Brexit happend. Think I had it in 4 to 5 days top of my head.

Yeah the company seemed as puzzled by it all as I was. They did their part but delivery company obviously have big issues at the minute.

It was widely reported on internet forums from last November that 28e would stop working on viark boxes when sky changed encryption codes, it is still to happen, but its not a good sign that there are people currently with these boxes that are reporting bad glitching on all their major 28e channels.
not sure if this can be answered - is this expected to a change across all channels, or would non-sky still work? Like you have asian channels and bt working on c/s atm

Thanks

No- one knows for sure mate, it was originally expected that 28e premier HD channels would stop at the end of January, but as yet it is still going, the Euro channels are not supposed to change and I cant see anything changing with the asian channels, but I just dont know for sure.

Which of the Viark boxes is best? Does anyone know?

Relatively new to this but from what I’ve read it’s just a case of buying a box and updating the firmware (can only find YouTube videos which have firmware updates linked)??

Is there any ongoing maintenance needed? Updating channel lists etc? Or are they fairly automated link zgemma?

Which of the Viark boxes is best? Does anyone know?

Relatively new to this but from what I’ve read it’s just a case of buying a box and updating the firmware (can only find YouTube videos which have firmware updates linked)??

Is there any ongoing maintenance needed? Updating channel lists etc? Or are they fairly automated link zgemma?
As stated read the whole thread as it is only advisable to get a Viark box if you have a Eurosat or multi sat set up, as the 28e side of it is supposed to be stopping soon.

28.2e went of completely for me, just before Chelsea game started. I watched the Spurs game on SS main event, it was glitchy but watchable. I’m watching the Chelsea game on supersport 1 with English commentary on 16e, it’s been glitch/freeze free all game. I’m using a viark 4K box.

28.2e went of completely for me, just before Chelsea game started. I watched the Spurs game on SS main event, it was glitchy but watchable. I’m watching the Chelsea game on supersport 1 with English commentary on 16e, it’s been glitch/freeze free all game. I’m using a viark 4K box.
And thats exactly why its only advisable to get a Viark box if you have a Eurosat system, apart from 16e, matches were on 42e aswell.

Has anybody who ordered a Viark from Spain received anything this year posted after the brexit changes. Mine has been in Madrid for a month and even though its cleared customs checks it has not moved

Has anybody who ordered a Viark from Spain received anything this year posted after the brexit changes. Mine has been in Madrid for a month and even though its cleared customs checks it has not moved
I know a lady who did it took about 3 weeks via ups.

If you can cancel, then cancel it and order from Amazon Germany. My box was sent back to seller after 3+ weeks although the courier tracking still shows its held up in customs even now. I ordered from Germany and received in 2 working days (i paid 5 euros more for expedited delivery).

I have set up mine recently and find the box very basic compared to enigma 2 boxes. But picture quality and what it offers is good. I am not buying another box for bedroom but will use my old enigma 2 box with some reliable line.
Have you got a Euro set up or are you using 28e or both.?

Have you got a Euro set up or are you using 28e or both.?
I have contacted nearly 25 installers in West London area and none were ready to set a motorised dish. Recently found 4 installers who have said yes to install motorised dish, 2 are quoting £520 and £580 just for labour. Rest two are quoting around £300 for labour.
So I might go with one of the cheaper one. Out of 4 only 2 are on CAI website as installers one expensive one and one cheap.
Currently only using 28e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back