Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a fair point... must be pretty frustrating being left behind as the world moves on. Bet you can't wait for better speeds to be rolled out to everyone.
yep, although Im not at home much due to my work,
but, Openreach have been in the area for about 6 weeks now and it looks like they are putting fibre to the pole, which is a new one to me.
so that should help no end, we are about a mile from the Cab the way the cables would run.

If Sat C/S becomes available again, then I think 90 per cent of us would sign up to it, as long as it is affordable and can be accessed monthly or 3 monthly, I know I would give it a go, I am still using Eurosat for most matches, some in english on 42e and FA Cup games in english on 16e, saying that I am watching Norwich game now on IPTV, perfect hd quality and only 20 seconds behind the sat feed on 19e.

where you gonna find a TV with SCART ?
you still got your 18" Grundig from radio-rentals :ROFLMAO:
Why does tv need a scart,as possibly have scart to hdmi converter as 2 hdmi cables run in box panel to tv
Always think ahead as a 15 foot scart lead is far too long and thick and hdmi is half the thickness-job done.

If Sat C/S becomes available again, then I think 90 per cent of us would sign up to it, as long as it is affordable and can be accessed monthly or 3 monthly, I know I would give it a go, I am still using Eurosat for most matches, some in english on 42e and FA Cup games in english on 16e, saying that I am watching Norwich game now on IPTV, perfect hd quality and only 20 seconds behind the sat feed on 19e.

City v Villa on here, 50 seconds behind the live action according to SkyBet and upscaled picture. I'd be in the 10% who wouldn't bother with CS I suppose... I'd watch ppv on it and probably not a lot else.

I would deffinatly go back to it and just use iptv for vod and 3pm ko and ppv events if didn't clear on c/s

City v Villa on here, 50 seconds behind the live action according to SkyBet and upscaled picture. I'd be in the 10% who wouldn't bother with CS I suppose... I'd watch ppv on it and probably not a lot else.
I think it be a lot more than 10%
probably people like me with unstable/slow internet really
I even tried 4G, with speeds over 40meg at times, but other times as low as 6or7, so too unstable,
if I was home all the time I would load balance it with normal BB, but then thats 2 subs each month, and too unreliable for my missus to sort if/when problems arise with the connection.

Now many would switch back?

Around a tenner for all us channels, catch up, vod etc not to mention ifollow.

Unless it was dirt cheap I doubt id go back to card sharing

People probably will but I agree with your sentiments. If you've managed to find a good IPTV provider it's difficult to justify paying 3-4 times as much for it. Furthermore as you pointed out, it will probably be 'as well as' rather than 'instead of' for a lot of people due to ifollow etc.

Reminds me a bit of when BT sports opened up vs sky! People quickly realised it was more of an add on than a substitute.

Think alot will go to Cs if was same as before. In perfect HD can't beat it imo. Saying that iptv picture quality is really good to where it was years ago.

So do hope we see return of cs again. More options the better.

I think it be a lot more than 10%
probably people like me with unstable/slow internet really
I even tried 4G, with speeds over 40meg at times, but other times as low as 6or7, so too unstable,
if I was home all the time I would load balance it with normal BB, but then thats 2 subs each month, and too unreliable for my missus to sort if/when problems arise with the connection.

Ye mobile Internet does seem hit and miss.

Brother uses voda Internet in router and tethers to laptop and other devices.

He gets close to 80 Meg speeds and then drops to about 15-20 meg.

So really crazy how unstable it is.

iptv picture is getting better all the time but its not close compared to 28.2 on viark sat
however its only worth it if you have a motorised setup for the football as not every match shown in UK
plus iptv also has club channels etc
but its good watching the goals go in before Flashscores/Livescores

iptv picture is getting better all the time but its not close compared to 28.2 on viark sat
however its only worth it if you have a motorised setup for the football as not every match shown in UK
plus iptv also has club channels etc
but its good watching the goals go in before Flashscores/Livescores

Ye and unlikely quality will ever be same as sat.

Quality on iptv is still excellent, no doubt dependant on the streams of course but when compared to sly sat there is a sharp contrast which is, to be expected. That's not a negative imo just way it is.

Interesting if true, getting back sky uk c/s would be a bonus, especially HD, however for folks who have a motorised or multi feed with access to euro satellites c/s never went away. True iptv has improved, ideal for getting channels over the horizon or bein mena.

Picture quality has improved greatly on iptv over the last few years, I compared the Brentford v Leicester game on my iptv bt sport hd and Eurosat, very hard to tell the difference, only thing is, the iptv is 20 seconds behind the sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back