Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From someone who has one of the sat these boxes i can say that iptv is not where near the quality of card sharing/IKS the picture is brilliant. BUT I am willing to be proved wrong and I am at the moment starting to take a test with another provider to see if i am proved wrong.

From someone who has one of the sat these boxes i can say that iptv is not where near the quality of card sharing/IKS the picture is brilliant. BUT I am willing to be proved wrong and I am at the moment starting to take a test with another provider to see if i am proved wrong.
I agree that iptv won't be as good as c/s as the feeds come direct from the dish.
The picture quality on iptv if you have a really good provider will come close but won't be the same but would people go back to c/s when there is a lot more to offer on iptv?

IPTV picture quality has improved greatly over the past few years, my BT Sports hds are far better than my sat BT Sports SDs, and its not much difference when compared to Sky sports 1 hd germany, but if this new much talked about C/S system becomes freely available, then I would definately sign up for it.

I agree that iptv won't be as good as c/s as the feeds come direct from the dish.
The picture quality on iptv if you have a really good provider will come close but won't be the same but would people go back to c/s when there is a lot more to offer on iptv?
Try your sheild mate with upscallig you will notice no difference.

The difference using the same supplier on my buzz stick is quite noticeable.

I dont think IPTV would be my first choice if CS does come back but only if it was as stable as before...if theres outages which people seem to suggest on this new method then might as well stick with IPTV. Also agree likely to go with both even though I use apps for my footballing needs as main source.

I dont think IPTV would be my first choice if CS does come back but only if it was as stable as before...if theres outages which people seem to suggest on this new method then might as well stick with IPTV. Also agree likely to go with both even though I use apps for my footballing needs as main source.
I am hoping cable may come back then I would have cable and IPTV I think sat may become more stable overtime. But for £100 a year for a sub it has to improve.

I am hoping cable may come back then I would have cable and IPTV I think sat may become more stable overtime. But for £100 a year for a sub it has to improve.

Can't see cable coming back as not sure how they would crack it with it being card less.

I couldn't have CS alone as would miss the iptv extras so unless it becomes cheap enough to have both i will be sticking with iptv as i have no problem with the picture quality.

they were the days... VM c/s, Sly c/s & IPTV all on one box, I had a lot of bouquets to sort but was nice to have so many options in case one went down. c/s was by far the best picture quality & that shouldn't have changed but the price needs to come down below IPTV sub pricing & it needs to be proven as stable in the longer term to pull back more than just the footy fanatics!
As for the extra's that come with IPTV these have always been a bit of a gimmick imo as you can find movies/series via other means, the catchup side of things is a strong IPTV selling point as you don't get this with c/s but the motion blur that comes with streaming sports is IPTV's weak link. IPTV sellers promote the number of channels as a big selling point but most end users only use a handful so it doesn't matter if you are provided with 4,000/8,000/10,000 channels when less than lets say 40 are used.
Football fanatics aside c/s needs to be cheaper than it is before it becomes mainstream again

Motion blue is not a problem if you watch the foreign channels for football I have noticed.

But I agree I am not bothered about VOD I end up turning more than half of the categories off.

Spot on. Iptv = watching football with ball moving like a haduken (streetfighter) plus delay in streams.

Spot on. Iptv = watching football with ball moving like a haduken (streetfighter) plus delay in streams.
That again depends on the provider and streams provided.

As for sports have noticed that streams are spot and havent noticed previously any motion plus with football or other sports.

Got burned with C/S when it went dark, and lets be honest £100 for this new service compared to the average IPTV sub is not going to pull people back, and the bonus of being able to put iptv on many devices including mobiles in my opinion makes me less likely to go back regardless of picture quality

Got burned with C/S when it went dark, and lets be honest £100 for this new service compared to the average IPTV sub is not going to pull people back, and the bonus of being able to put iptv on many devices including mobiles in my opinion makes me less likely to go back regardless of picture quality
Agreed. However, the price may come down. I have searched the net cannot even find a sat supplier

Done a bit more research although it is quite sketchy. You basicly by a box and it has a sub you register the box with the server so basicly closed source. As far as I can tell 28.2 clearing for now.

I would wait till March to see how things go. They are basicly trying to stop things working on enigma boxes new updates on firmware seem to be monthly.

Done a bit more research although it is quite sketchy. You basicly by a box and it has a sub you register the box with the server so basicly closed source. As far as I can tell 28.2 clearing for now.

I would wait till March to see how things go. They are basicly trying to stop things working on enigma boxes new updates on firmware seem to be monthly.
Its a multisat system on them so will clear on 19e/13e/23e ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back