Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you chaps know how to use Peacock on iOS without using a US Apple ID?
Don't see that being possible as app would have to be downloaded from the US store...used to be in a group where we would share a random created Apple ID for various countries...simple to setup but have moved from the Apple devices.

I’ve got a US Apple ID. Only problem is, last time I switched regions to download an app, it deleted all my downloaded music from the phone. I’ll give it a go on the iPad this week.

I’ve got a US Apple ID. Only problem is, last time I switched regions to download an app, it deleted all my downloaded music from the phone. I’ll give it a go on the iPad this week.
That likely will work ..I used to mess with apps on the apple tv and it never had any affect on my iPhone at time.

What I think we were dreading ..

New Canadian EPL home Fubo has just upped its rates from $100 to $150 and, unlike the States, with no free trial.

When did you sign up ?

I haven't a friend of mine signed up beginning of Feb. Paid via Apple Pay.

Use a web browser and VPN set to Turkey to sign up to Deezer. (Don't enter any payment details) Log Off. Then download the app to your Iphone login to the account and pay via Apple Pay.

Thanks. It still doesn't work for me and I did exactly what you said. Set my VPN to Turkey, signed up and didn't enter any further details.

Downloaded the app on my iPhone, signed in with those details and it immediately knew I was in the UK.

The only thing I didn't try is to actually pay first via Turkey. I did read one account of a similar trick where the person tried to pay first, it rejected his card and then he used Apple Pay.

Does the account state it's in Turkey when you download the App mate?

Try this. Create a AppleID in Turkey and login to that on the Appstore and download the Deezer app.

Last edited:
The only thing on the app that gives me information on the country is the country selector, which starts at United Kingdom.

I'll try and sign in to the desktop app via Turkey and see what it says.

Try this mate. Create a AppleID in Turkey. Then login to the appstore with that account and download the Deezer App. All I can think of is that somehow it knows it was downloaded from the UK appstore.

Thanks again. I'll see about that one as I've heard a few horror stories about people losing data if they log in with an alternative Apple ID.

Although that's probably what backups are for I suppose :)

You won't lose any data you are only logging into the Appstore.

Can confirm working just tried it myself. You have to switch your AppStore to Turkey to download the Deezer App. If you download it from UK store it will know it’s in UK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back