skybox differences

Joesoap

Hi I am about to get a skybox is there a big difference between the F3, M4 and F5 or will they all do the same job??? Thanks

Will let you know in a few days,i have the f3 and it is a good box for the price and i got the f5 for the same money only becaues of a price error by the seller lol hope it comes today. The f5 is a lot more sexy and the usb is at the back instead of the front like on the f3 much better on the rear it also has a scart socket for those people who still have their old tv system.

Will let you know in a few days,i have the f3 and it is a good box for the price and i got the f5 for the same money only becaues of a price error by the seller lol hope it comes today. The f5 is a lot more sexy and the usb is at the back instead of the front like on the f3 much better on the rear it also has a scart socket for those people who still have their old tv system.

Only one problem i can see there is not much info about this box, so i would say if problems arise the help will be small if any :( dont know why people buy boxes that nobody has any knowledge on in case something does go a miss.

NEW: Skybox F5
Same as Skybox F4, but smarter:
New smart design
External GPRS (optional) - Better Signal than F4
Support more video format (divx, xvid, mkv, ts, tp, avi, mp4, mpg, mp3, vob)
YouTube channel
12 Months Waranty
100% original - not a clone
Free HDMI cable
3 pin UK plug
Stock in London: Very Fast delivery

Full Specifications:
Dual CPU, 396 MHz MIPS Processor
Fully compliant MPEG-4 H.264/AVC Main Profile Level 3 & High Profile Level 4.1
Fully compliant MPEG-2 MP@HL & MP@ML
Fully compliant MPEG-1 Layer I & II & III, Dolby Digital Audio(AC3)
SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites
Multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2/1.3(USALS) supported)
NIT search supported
Support MPEG-5
Support HDMI 1.3
Support PVR(store in USB disk)
Multimedia files playback (by USB)
Support Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for 7 days
Teletext and subtitle out through OSD
Support multi-lingual DVB subtitle and teletext
Automatic and manual channel scan options
Automatic service scan
Channel-change time < 1 second
OSD in many languages and skin-support
Multilingual support on screen menu (OSD): English, French, Deutsch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Greece, Portuguese, Finland, Holland, Turkish, Czech, selectable
LED Display
Multiple display mode: 1080p/1080i/720p/570p/576i/480p
MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding
Videotext Decoder
Analog audio output: stereo(L+R)
Digital audio output: S/PDIF by coaxial and optical
S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
YCbCr available
2 x Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)
Screen format: auto, 4:3, and 16:9
Upgrade software through USB 2.0 port
Powerful program management function, parent lock
CA 1x slot
10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface
Directly bouquet-lists
In the box:
1 x F5 unit
1 x 3 pin UK power lead
1 x HDMI cable
1 x Remote control
1 x User Manual

Box T

I know what you mean, I'm not trying to be a scare monger but
look at this post here
(post 2) about the openbox 11, was this a problem with versions 9 and 10 ?
can't see any posts saying about it, must be plenty of people
with previous box types but this doesn't seem to get a mention :dunno:

Last edited:
Box T

I know what you mean, I'm not trying to be a scare monger but
look at this post here
(post 2) about the openbox 11, was this a problem with versions 9 and 10 ?

I dont know m8 tbh i can only really give you my opinion on what i have and use or have used, as you know they bring out new boxes all the time, the reson for this is the internals of the boxes, for instance the tuners they used in one box might no longer be available so they have to choose another, which might be a difference in price mostly upwards, so they say it a new box "but" it has the same internals but one piece of hardware has been changed so hence the name change and the price increase, so now we have a new box that nobody else has we dont know what has been changed so there is no help available, or tutorials so everything is guess work, what happens if you brick the box is there a fix, what about images, what about channel files, loaders, channel editors, these are all the things people should be looking for "before" you buy the box not after the purchase it too late at that point.

Im not trying to tell people what to buy but do your homework with all boxes find out have people got them are the items i discussed above available.

My thoughts too ! was just giving the above as an example.
Do your homework before you jump in. Sound advise!
I would say popular, stable and well supported boxes
beats minor upgrades in my book

Back