Sony MDR-RF810R Headphones

channelking

Hi guys

So I bought this headhphones about 8 years ago I think but had put it away as was having issues with it. Never used them

Well cleaning the garage came across them but still having same issues as I did all those years ago with them.

So I dont get any sound whatsoever coming through the headphones. If I manage to get any sound at all, sound can still be heard from TV. Any ideas if headphones are faulty as have no idea what is wrong.

At the time thought were good headphones as got voucher from Sony so got these with it but at the time didnt look into these headphones much.

But shouldnt sound come through headphones when inserted in headphone jack in TV?

Maybe these are just crappy wireless headphones. Should have thrown them away years ago. Absolute waste tbh.

Ok will try that mate.

If still no sound comes through then lost mate.

Did change channel on that wifi thing and headphones as has two channels but nothing.

Ye even muting tv no sound through tv.

Very odd indeed.

Any suggestions guys on how to get sound working through headphones?

Or is it better just to get rid of them.

No idea if they become faulty or what.

If you plug the Jack into a stereo,MPs player, radio, etc, what happens? Does the music still come from the device?
If so, it would seem the jack/lead are broken.
If not, does the sound come through the headphone? If the sound is coming through the headphone, then it would seem it is a TV issue (the headphone socket would seem to be shot.

Again mate, you are not giving a lot of information, you presume we know exactly what you are talking about. Go slowly and answer both my scenarios.

Sorry Wheelo mate. Apologies if dont provide enough information. Not good at all with explaining things.

Not had a chance to mess around with headphones again since I posted last time, but will follow what you said and report back what results are.

Managed to do further tests and seems when wireless receiver jack is plugged in to my PC monitor and phone sound comes through the headphones without issue. Only issue I find is alot of background noise like hissing no way to stop this?

But when I put the jack into the TV headphone socket no sound comes through the headphones at all. So this means no issue with headphones but TV headphone socket basically faulty?

Kinda sucks as really want to use on TV.

Back