Sound cables from old pc to spdif

Pc has only spdif and have to recheck if only 1 usb port so as could be limited in connections if that could be used.

Pc has only spdif and have to recheck if only 1 usb port so as could be limited in connections if that could be used.
will still be the same thing,
USB is digital
to get the best from your surround you really need an analogue output,
otherwise just go for cheapest option of one of those spdif to analogue cards
or,
do you have a headphone out.?

only my opinion mind, but I had this same thing with my cheapo surround sound, found the quality was better just using the phono out to phono in on my surround, than using the spdif to analogue converter,

I actually use it now combined with an ARC soundbar, and it sounds really good,
when watching the bike raciong I can hear the bikes coming from behind me and across the livingroom,
the soundbar just adds that bit of ooomph to it,
music wise, the sound bar works better, with the sub of the surround kicking in when needed

No headphone socket as just checked specs again but have 3 x 3.0 usb ports lol and a funny spdif cable.

Thinking my limited connections wont give me too many alternatives as needing 3 cable ports and usb/spdif port

No headphone socket as just checked specs again but have 3 x 3.0 usb ports lol and a funny spdif cable.

Thinking my limited connections wont give me too many alternatives as needing 3 cable ports and usb/spdif port
you have 2 options as I see it,
and 2 ways of using one of those options
1 : get an analogue sound card - best option imo if its possible with your PC
2 : get a digital to analogue converter - either spdif or USB , imo, not prefered, but if must be then I'd go for spdif to analogue

The X3 hasn’t got dts , so wonder if there’s much difference between that and the one you linked to earlier for £100 cheaper. Sorting the plugs out will be easy - if the voices come out of the rear speakers swap the plugs , there are loads of tests on YouTube for this.

Checking specs on old sound card dont think that has dts but the speakers are certified as dts and thx.
I know Creative from years ago as making superior audio products is why i upgraded to that sound card.

I dont have anything yet except for pc and old sound system needing a hook up.

Old pc has those colours on the creative sound card in rear but no room in new pc for that and needing as external one.

rite so black into green dusnt work ? i run a 5.1 from an oldskool kenwod amp n all i need is green in amp to back on card n all works sound monitors,centre n jammo sub underneath
1611527651087.pngo

its tiny but dusnt hav any sound card ports ? try green to green n lood in sound settings bud or scrap it n buy a usb setup they cheap enuth

New pc.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MINIX-Comp...2a6-4f1d-b3c5-cf7f1ae39fbb&tag=googiehydra-21

need a device to plug three x 3.5 jacks into from amp/subwoofer as in post 1

My old creative pc has the colored onboard card and was looking at what choice i had to get something to hook up to both new pc and old Dell 5-1
Looking at the Creative x3 it looks good as it has the ports i need and new pc has 3 x 3.0 usb ports and a spdif.

If you look at the pc specs it shows what it comes with and hoping it connects up easily with external sound card it has 30 presets and other settings when pc has loaded the programs.

Attachments

• cables for soundcard.jpg
    cables for soundcard.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
If pc has a sound card it shunt need an external lol I own an online radio bud n the main headache is djs not thinking they need an external card on laptop as the mic is the dominant sound source pc u do should not need an external sound card

The Pc has sound but it just a single connection , the 5.1 speakers he has , have 3 connectors so he can’t connect them to the pc , so it seems the best option is to buy an external sound card that has the correct amount of connections.

If pc has a sound card it shunt need an external lol I own an online radio bud n the main headache is djs not thinking they need an external card on laptop as the mic is the dominant sound source pc u do should not need an external sound card
his PC is digital out, SPDIF
his surround is analogue
he needs a converter

his PC is digital out, SPDIF
his surround is analogue
he needs a converter
Yeh but why not just fix with a cheap amp? 5 n a sub i have literally running from a green - green jack if its old pc im sure a cheap amp wud b easier then external sound card as prices have jumpt due t no live events no djs playing ect a usb beringer sound card that would normally b 34 quid has jumpt 2 45 quid

Ok as head was getting melted it now turns out THX is now a third party software and not supported by Creative :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have ordered this and getting free headphones and delivery for e125.
Ebay looking at dearer prices around the place i notice.

Sometimes with quality you have to pay more for product but knowing that quality it brings to you i think its worth it.

Sound Blaster X3

Back