STV HD not clearing

something is clearly going on with virgin/stv.
suspect it's to do with the deal Virgin made with STV to make all regions HD (previously there were only 2).
wonder if they've applied the same "fix" to stop it clearing as they did with SS HD.
that would surprise me as ITV HD is actually a FTA, even though you need to have VM TV package/a line to get it, I can't imagine STV saying it has to be encrypted like SS

Are you having problems with BBC2 HD? Mine either doesn't come on or takes an age to clear and is freezing if it does come on.

Yes, I had same issue with BBC2 HD until I changed providers which fixed the problem.

that would surprise me as ITV HD is actually a FTA, even though you need to have VM TV package/a line to get it, I can't imagine STV saying it has to be encrypted like SS

not FTA as you need to subscribe to get it.
only SD is free without a subscription.

I generally just use my HD bouquet for viewing channels and the "old stv hd" channel is still in here where it was previously. As I said its possible that Abu may be able to shed some light on the matter?

OK Ian, thanks for your help.

Using Open ATV 6.2 with ABM on cable and STV HD (east) clearing fine. In the Entertainment bouquet its named STV HD.

In last scanned I have two STV HD and both clear fine. I dont have any "old STV HD".

not FTA as you need to subscribe to get it.
only SD is free without a subscription.
by FTA, I mean it's generally a fTA channel, on freeview and satellite its free, it's only virgin that you have to have a subscription to access it so I can't imagine ITV stipulating that they encrypt it.

guess we have to wait and see what's going on then.
at the moment the 4 x STV HD channels don't clear. the only ones that clear are the 2 "Old STV HD" channels.

by FTA, I mean it's generally a fTA channel, on freeview and satellite its free, it's only virgin that you have to have a subscription to access it so I can't imagine ITV stipulating that they encrypt it.
It may be better to be explicit about medium and provider. Some services are free on terrestrial , but encrypted on satellite. Some channels are free on satellite, but not available on a provider on the same satellite. Channel 4 HD is not available to Freesat. Channel 4 on official receivers n Ireland requires a subscription.

There is also the distinction between FTV and FTA.

The providers are only obliged to provide the following free channels

BBC 1 SD
BBC 2 SD, some Cable regions that no longer have older receivers will have BBC2 HD
ITV 1 SD
Channel 4 SD
Channel 5 SD

only confirms what i said about the new sub-regions, (ie going from 2 to 4).
why they aren't clearing though is another question.

Abu just to clarify .... the original VM STV HD Channel choice no longer clears. There are two new named channel options "OLD STV HD channels" and both clear, however these can only be found in the ALL channels list. Is it possible that ABM can be altered by you so that the new channel can be placed into the HD Bouquet to run in parallel with BBC1/2 HD etc?

Create a settings backup for now so you can restore it later or image backup if you prefer.

Disable background scanning (this will avoid getting services not intended for your area). Remove your Cable services
Up > Green (satellites) > highlight cable services > Menu > remove Cable services > Confirm > Restart

Do not perform an Enigma2 scan, just use ABM. Check your cable services and see what you have.

Out of interest, attach your lamedb file and please state your NetID and Virgin system type (NTL/pure, Telewest, ex C&W)

Create a settings backup for now so you can restore it later or image backup if you prefer.

Disable background scanning (this will avoid getting services not intended for your area). Remove your Cable services
Up > Green (satellites) > highlight cable services > Menu > remove Cable services > Confirm > Restart

Do not perform an Enigma2 scan, just use ABM. Check your cable services and see what you have.

Out of interest, attach your lamedb file and please state your NetID and Virgin system type (NTL/pure, Telewest, ex C&W)

I'll report back tomorrow as best not to interfere whilst wife watching tv :grin::grin:

dunno if you managed to try that, i've just got in myself and after an update and rescan still not working.
thinking that's us on the road to losing another channel.

dunno if you managed to try that, i've just got in myself and after an update and rescan still not working.
thinking that's us on the road to losing another channel.
Well MY STV HD Still works the normal one and the one labelled old I think I have 6 STV HD In Total

yeah i have 6 in total too...4 "new" ones and 2 "old" ones. only the old ones work for me.
if you're in a different netid then it may not be affecting you as of yet.

Back