Time to buy a new phone, suggestions

I personally use the Poco X3 Pro 8GB 256GB and never had any issues.
One of the best considering price quality ratio

I had the Xiomi Mi a few years ago now and it was a great phone, well until I dropped it in the rapids at a theme park in spain. I've got the Oneplus 8 pro now, but oneplus has shot up in price since they've become available from the likes of O2.

Waarrenty may be virtually worthless when buying phones from overseas, but for the spec you can get for half the price you would pay for similar spec over here, they have definately got to be worth considering.

As forn getting a contract with a 'free' phone, that's a mugs game. Samsung A53 5g, £400 or £11/month for 3 years from samsung and get 30gb sim only contract for £15/month. O2 charging £10.53/month for 3 years when bought with 30gb airtime at £22/month for 2 years. so although you're paying about the same for the phone on paper, you're paying an extra £7/month (£168 over 2 years) on the airtime.

I just looked out of interest on Voxi as Vodafone are the only one we get a signal 24/7 were I live and I've tried them all. So the Xaomi 11T Pro (a phone I'm looking at) with the same sim deal as my current a £10 a month = £300 for the sim then the phone £20 a month which works out at £600 so in total its £900 for the length of the contract you have to sign which is an astronomical 30 month contract. So in this time you've the same phone for 2.5 years. In 2.5 years that phone will be so outdated it will look like an Adams Family hand me down.

Now compare that with buying the phone £390 Miagadgets or mytrendyphone then £300 for the sim for the 30 months £690 in total for as long as you want the phone. That's a saving of £210 then if look after it you'll get probably £150 in 12 months and your not tied to the phone for 30 month or the sim company which is plain stupid for me. Their trap is to get you to upgrade and the cycle goes on.

they say no APR but as you can clearly see there is and they charge you £600 for a £390 phone,

so, buy a phone, buy a 30 day sim hunt round jobs done. Make sure the phones covered on the house insurance happy days !

What people tend to forget is that calls and texts are free with every PAYG sim, only data costs money and if you are a light user you can get a 30 day bundle for a fiver which gives you 3gb.
It's what I use, I have all the local WiFi spots login so I'm rarely without WiFi and the 3gb of data only gets used when I'm overseas, but usually I splash out on a £10 bundle that month which gives me 12gb, more than enough for my needs

Voxi sim has free social media which includes WhatsApp so basically ring or message WhatsApp 2 WhatsApp pictures video's no data loss unlimited use

What people tend to forget is that calls and texts are free with every PAYG sim, only data costs money and if you are a light user you can get a 30 day bundle for a fiver which gives you 3gb.
It's what I use, I have all the local WiFi spots login so I'm rarely without WiFi and the 3gb of data only gets used when I'm overseas, but usually I splash out on a £10 bundle that month which gives me 12gb, more than enough for my needs
I totally agree, I checked my data usage a couple of months ago as I was switching from an unlimited data sim to 120gb and wanted to make sure it was enough, in normal day to day life I use less than 1gb a month lol, wtf was I doing with unlimited data ?

Voxi sim has free social media which includes WhatsApp so basically ring or message WhatsApp 2 WhatsApp pictures video's no data loss unlimited use
In that case you're quids in:
Phone £390
Year data/calls £120
Total £510
Sell for ~ £150 and it's only cost £360

I totally agree, I checked my data usage a couple of months ago as I was switching from an unlimited data sim to 120gb and wanted to make sure it was enough, in normal day to day life I use less than 1gb a month lol, wtf was I doing with unlimited data ?
Lol, same here, I'm checking thinking ,,, Oh don't wanna go over !!.... looked at main usage; eBay - Bet365 - Livescore a grand total of 0.67gb of data. The Voxi sim is a big plus with loads of social media free data for the youngs un's all pouting, and Facebook Twitter Instagram all of which I don't use.

So back to buying a phone

Ive narrowed it down to 2
Xaomi 11T Pro
Samsung M62

both have pro's and cons
Xaomi
No earphone socket (I'm old school)
no SD Card,
5000 battery were as the M62 7000 battery is like my old M51 which is charge every 2-3 sometimes 4 days its a big plus.
can get toasty hot but I dont game so ....

Pro's for the Xaomi , it out-specs the M62 by a country mile in all area's and far newer plus it will have warranty were as trhe M62 is again an overseas phone. miagadgets do offer 2 years with all their phones but there's a fair few clauses I think they will catch you out on should you send it back.

I'm torn between the 2 and sick of looking tbh so I might let wife pick then I can blame her if its sh*t

Lol, same here, I'm checking thinking ,,, Oh don't wanna go over !!.... looked at main usage; eBay - Bet365 - Livescore a grand total of 0.67gb of data. The Voxi sim is a big plus with loads of social media free data for the youngs un's all pouting, and Facebook Twitter Instagram all of which I don't use.

Xaomi 11T Pro
Samsung M62

both have pro's and cons
Xaomi
no SD Card,
5000 battery were as the M62 7000 battery is like my old M51 which is charge every 2-3 sometimes 4 days its a big plus.

Pro's for the Xaomi , it out-specs the M62 by a country mile in all area's and far newer plus it will have warranty were as trhe M62 is again an overseas phone. miagadgets do offer 2 years with all their phones but there's a fair few clauses I think they will catch you out on should you send it back.

I'm torn between the 2 and sick of looking tbh so I might let wife pick then I can blame her if its sh*t
Xioami will have a better refresh rate also here is the reviews I use lol

Xaomi 11T Pro
Samsung M62

both have pro's and cons
Xaomi
no SD Card,

If your not bothered about camera quality a £150-200 Xiaomi/poco will do the same job.

Xioami will have a better refresh rate also here is the reviews I use lol

Yeah watched that and about 40 more honestly I'm fed up trying to convince myself which one's the best I like both but the battery SD card and earphone socket (can get adaptor for Xaomi) sways me but I'm not so sure it will hold its price. But the Xaomi will have warranty which is why I'm looking due to my old M51 been an overseas Samsung phone

If your buying a Xiaomi/Poco from aboard or a non global variants.
You have to make sure it runs your phone providers LTE bands.
Headache sending stuff back to Hong Kong etc.

For anyone buying or who has a Xiaomi/poco phone.
You get additional vram if you go to additional settings- memory extension you get to add between 1gb and 4gb extra ram.
Its model dependent how much you get.

Back