Time to buy a new phone, suggestions

Time to dig up an old thread,

So I've had my Redmi note 11 pro 5g for best part of 18 months and its been a decent phone, quick, long battery life good screen 120hz but the one thing that sadly lets it down is the camera.
The main gripe is the colours. They always look wrong, say sage green or sky blue will always look like a washed out dye run grey. I was selling a decent vibrant blue jacket a few weeks back but every picture no matter what I did made it look like a dark grey.
Any family occasions pictures just don't have that sharp edge and correct colouring so it looks like Xiaomi had basically put in a p*ss poor camera to save on cost and put the money to internal parts screen instead.
I do like Xiaomi and would get another which leads me to my next question,
Are there any newer, half decent Xiaomi phones that have come out since I bought mine 18 month ago say around the £300 with a far superior camera. I think it's time for me to upgrade

Heres a photo I took last week with the Poco F5 pro camera. I think it's not a bad camera. Might not be same camera as non pro as the lens look different.

Attachments

• PANO_20231208_125702.jpg
    24 MB · Views: 30
Time to dig up an old thread,

So I've had my Redmi note 11 pro 5g for best part of 18 months and its been a decent phone, quick, long battery life good screen 120hz but the one thing that sadly lets it down is the camera.
The main gripe is the colours. They always look wrong, say sage green or sky blue will always look like a washed out dye run grey. I was selling a decent vibrant blue jacket a few weeks back but every picture no matter what I did made it look like a dark grey.
Any family occasions pictures just don't have that sharp edge and correct colouring so it looks like Xiaomi had basically put in a p*ss poor camera to save on cost and put the money to internal parts screen instead.
I do like Xiaomi and would get another which leads me to my next question,
Are there any newer, half decent Xiaomi phones that have come out since I bought mine 18 month ago say around the £300 with a far superior camera. I think it's time for me to upgrade
I've got the Xiaomi 12 pro mate and seems pretty good inc the camera. Big plus for me is the 67w charging, 10% to 100% in about 40 mins. Paid about 240 quid for it a few months ago.

For a camera as an enthusiast and a know how off cameras, the song xperia will give you the best pro features to use but for the normal point and take pictures, the best cameras on the market its the iPhone 15 Pro and s23 ultra
If you are looking at budget with a good camera look at the pixel 8, alot of their camera work is done through software

For a camera as an enthusiast and a know how off cameras, the song xperia will give you the best pro features to use but for the normal point and take pictures, the best cameras on the market its the iPhone 15 Pro and s23 ultra
If you are looking at budget with a good camera look at the pixel 8, alot of their camera work is done through software
The pixel is only 50 mega pixel which there a bit behind on the times lol

I'm no photographer but like I said the camera on this phone I personally think is very poor. I just need a similar phone preferably 120w charger 6.7 without breaking the bank.
My phone charges in 17minutes 0-100 which is a huge bonus and a big part of why I bought it. Wack it on charge while your getting reading, done.
I have had a look in the camera settings and there's a "Pro" option along with video etc. there's quite a few settings in there but tbh I've not a clue what I'm mauling with, thank God there's a reset option to default

I've got a samsung s22 ultra and the camera is great quality and has a good Zoom. You can pick one up for about £600, or my last phone was the s21 ultra which has a decent camera and you can pick up for about £300 but limited updates on the older phones.

I'm no photographer but like I said the camera on this phone I personally think is very poor. I just need a similar phone preferably 120w charger 6.7 without breaking the bank.
My phone charges in 17minutes 0-100 which is a huge bonus and a big part of why I bought it. Wack it on charge while your getting reading, done.
I have had a look in the camera settings and there's a "Pro" option along with video etc. there's quite a few settings in there but tbh I've not a clue what I'm mauling with, thank God there's a reset option to default
If you are looking fast charging you will have to go down the Chinese phone router for that and good camera. Xaoimi probably your best bet

If you are looking fast charging you will have to go down the Chinese phone router for that and good camera. Xaoimi probably your best bet
I have a Xaoimi Poco F3 and it is fantastic, I only paid something like £279 for it brand new

8 GB RAM
256 GB Storage
Snapdragon 870 processor

Great phone (still) for the price that I paid almost a year and a half ago

Back