Time to buy a new phone, suggestions

I opted and now own the :-
Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus 5g 8gb ram 256gb 120w charging 120Hz (forest green).
I paid £299 delivered took about 10 days to arrive.

I'm still getting use to it as it's so many features but I'm well happy with the phone. I ordered a case from Ali Express that arrived yesterday for £7:50 which I'm glad about as it gives the chunky camera sticking out a bit of protection.
I went for this as I wanted an SD slot and earphones, fast charging, and a half decent camera.
The only gripe is the huge charger. If you use a normal shaving adaptor the chargers weight drags it out the socket so don't bother.
IMG_20220602_070747.jpg
I had a proper 13amp 2pin plug adaptor which is what you'll need. Overall it's a huge step up from my old Samsung and tbh I don't think I'll go back to Samsung purely on cost and what you get bang for your buck.
Oh the battery? omg ! 17minutes 0% to 100% is a godsend and the 120Hz refresh rate is fantastic.
For under £300 you can't go wrong

Just to be pedantic,
do NOT use shaving adapters for European plugs, the pin spacing and diameter is slightly different, and can lead to overheating and arcing, possibly causing a fire.
Just so you know.

its also worth charging it with a smaller amp charger unless you specifically need a full charge in a few minutes.

You lose 20% battery life based on 800 charges. If I charge mine 3 times a week that's over 5 years.

I think a 17 minute charge is a good trade off tbh considering the chances of me have this phone in 5 years is nil.
I can't imagine what the capacity of batteries will be in 5years

I guess i'm the only one who never lets his phone go below 80% then.
Buddy in that case you will lose your batteries more often than others and completing a charge and discharge cycle will make your batteries healthy.
rest its your life enjoy as you like :)

Lets face it, with the prices of phones, the cost of repairing them and the length these days you will own your phone if you have it for 2 years plus then your doing well. There aint many who will put their phone on charge for 2 hours and not touch it. This phone is a godsend, 17 minutes done. Most will stick their phone on charge on 50%-60% so in the long run that will screw your battery rather than a 17minute full charge every day or 2

Lets face it, with the prices of phones, the cost of repairing them and the length these days you will own your phone if you have it for 2 years plus then your doing well. There aint many who will put their phone on charge for 2 hours and not touch it. This phone is a godsend, 17 minutes done. Most will stick their phone on charge on 50%-60% so in the long run that will screw your battery rather than a 17minute full charge every day or 2
My iPhone 12 goes on charge once a day and lasts full day but I do have battery saver mode on so that maybe why it lasts a full day.
Some people constantly have phones iPads ect on charge my kids have always got their devices on charge and does my head in

I just got the Samsung galaxy 22 ultra and the recommendations for the battery is not letting it run completely out and not charging it above 85% as it helps with battery life

Still see myself hitting the power saving mode as it goes down pretty quick

Batteries these days have come a long way from older technology with the "memory effect"
Even tho charging your phone at any time should be ok, it's still recommended good practice to let the battery run totally flat, ie: until your phone turns itself off, and then do a complete charge while the phone is turned off, maybe every couple of months or so.
Battery technology has got to the stage where the battery will never let itself go totally flat, that would just kill it .
On that note, my battery has got to the stage now where it barely lasts a full day, sometimes it flat in 13 hours,
I may even buy the same (or newer model) again. I've had this DOOGEE S58 PRO for nearly 2 years, including dropping it from a MEWP about 6 metres up onto concrete.

Batteries these days have come a long way from older technology with the "memory effect"
Even tho charging your phone at any time should be ok, it's still recommended good practice to let the battery run totally flat, ie: until your phone turns itself off, and then do a complete charge while the phone is turned off, maybe every couple of months or so.
Battery technology has got to the stage where the battery will never let itself go totally flat, that would just kill it .
On that note, my battery has got to the stage now where it barely lasts a full day, sometimes it flat in 13 hours,
I may even buy the same (or newer model) again. I've had this DOOGEE S58 PRO for nearly 2 years, including dropping it from a MEWP about 6 metres up onto concrete.
I used to do that with crapple but after getting to 5% it would turn it's self on 🤣🤣

I can't flatten my battery so it must be in that class. From 100% it might last 18 hours before it goes to 50%
To get to 20% will take say another 12 hours this is when the warning comes on.
I've tried ignoring it but even leaving it for another 12 hours it doesn't go below 4-5%

I flattened my battery and now need a new phone Blackview A80 Pro less than 2 years and looking at a cheap phone.

Xiaomi Redmi 10 | 64GB | 4GB | 4G | Carbon Grey (2022) E160 and could get it tomorrow.​

I did have an android but ios unsure what that is.

Not a heavy user on phone but need the smart bit.

I flattened my battery and now need a new phone Blackview A80 Pro less than 2 years and looking at a cheap phone.

Xiaomi Redmi 10 | 64GB | 4GB | 4G | Carbon Grey (2022) E160 and could get it tomorrow.​

The Motorola g32 is less than the Redmi but have the same specs across most of it and better in other places like the screen refresh rate

Ios is apples (iPhones)platform bud and ios is a lot more locked down then android I would look at the note 10 range @Willo3092 has one for sale I think still.
I gave my lad my note 10 and sent my pro version back as didn't like it and stook with Apple.
Android batteries are better than ios I'm an ios user but seen I've had iPhone I can't get used to android again

Note 10 pro was 149 or 159 on Xiaomis website. That ended yesterday keep your eye on their website bargains all the time on there.

Back