TM Nano 3T remote

Ye have the panasonic remote app but will that actually work to program the technomate remote for the TV controls as thought physical tv remote was required?
The remote app usually works via wifi or IR blaster, and in your case you need the device that the app is on to have an IR blaster in order to program the new remote.

In the google play store for the app it gives the following info but there are more devices with an IR blaster than are listed, just do a google search for a comprehensive list. Do you know anyone with phones listed below?

Infrared IR Blaster Mode
- Inbuilt IR Blaster must be present in your phone such as Galaxy S, Note 4, LG G3/G4/G5, HTC ONE, Xiaomi Mi / Redmi etc.
- Launch the app and control your Panasonic TV directly.
- No additional hardware is required for Panasonic TV remote app.

You can also buy really cheap IR blasters that plug into your mobile phones 3.5mm jack from ebay, but I've never used one personally so don't know how good they are.

Ye I have the IR blaster as have LG G4.

Will try with the app and the technomate remote. Hope it works.

Cheers mate for the advice.

Got the remote. Been trying to get t.v. controls to work on remote but failing miserably.

I used app on phone to program control on the technomate remote.

Not sure what doing wrong?

Doing my nut in

Make sure the app is controlling the tv using the ir blaster and not wifi. Ie make sure the red bit at the front of your phone flashes when commanding tv.

Also what instructions are you following for programming the techomate remote? Might be worth checking their website in case you're doing it wrong.

Attachments

• NEW TM RCU INSTRUCTION SHEET (1).pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have followed that leaflet mate to the T.

App controls the TV but when following the instructions its still not programming the TV controls on the technomate remote.

Wifi is on, on the phone. IR blaster isnt that on automatically as have checked the app but cant see setting for it? app controlled the TV but guess because of wifi being on.

As far as I am aware all the app does when it's in IR mode is send the same IR frequency from your phone to you TV that the original remote sends. In effect it is identical to your TV remote in that regard.

It sounds like the app is controlling the TV via wifi. Try turning it off and looking at the end of you phone through a camera to see if you can see the if the IR blaster flashes when changing channel.

When you set up the app that I've just tried, it asks you to connect to wifi but it also has an option to use the ir blaster if your tv is not smart. Maybe try reinstalling the app (or another one) and seeing if that option is there?

Attachments

• Panasoinc remote setup.jpg
    Panasoinc remote setup.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3
As far as I am aware all the app does when it's in IR mode is send the same IR frequency from your phone to you TV that the original remote sends. In effect it is identical to your TV remote in that regard.

It sounds like the app is controlling the TV via wifi. Try turning it off and looking at the end of you phone through a camera to see if you can see the if the IR blaster flashes when changing channel.

When you set up the app that I've just tried, it asks you to connect to wifi but it also has an option to use the ir blaster if your tv is not smart. Maybe try reinstalling the app (or another one) and seeing if that option is there?

Is the IR blaster located at the top or bottom of the phone?

Only have option of wifi with app even after reinstalling.

Main panasonic TV remote app is one I have, tried searching for others but one I have is main one.

Just having a look at the official apps form Panasonic there. Looks like they all work using wifi.

In google play store that one I took the screenshot from was called Remote control for panasonic by osfunapps. Try that one.

Edit to add IR blaster is normally at the top.

Yes same mate only controls tv with Wi-Fi. Thought IR blaster would work either way.

Even speaking to technomate they said only would work with physical t.v. remote.

Just frustrating mate. Appreciate your advice and trying to help mate.

Back