Tune Failed

Ye got shit light in the room lol

Technomate 3t

I also checked on skybox f5 on.both boxes no channels are being found.

The rebooting issue I think though is to do with the box it self.

I agree, put the box on the window cill when it's daylight and take a shot of the tuners.
Wanna see close up of thread and internal hole that is/maybe corroded

So tuners damaged could be causing both rebooting of box and no signal on sat?

But wouldn't explain why same issue with no signal on sat on the sky box f5 as well.

Yes cable, lnb and dish set up is very old to say the least lol.

So that seems now I think the cause. Has to be. I thought was box before but.from tests I did don't believe it is now.

Woke up in the morning and satellite channels were working. WTF IS GOING ON !!!

Spent over half a day yesterday testing doing various tests on main box and sky box f5 both showing no channels and no signal. But now in the morning it's back on.

I'm lost I really am. I was certain wasn't box but dish/lnb/feeds yesterday. I'm never gona fix this crap and still don't know where problem lies 100%

Dont worry it will be gone soon

I doubt that.

I even tried different plug I mentioned here I think I had and even with different power supply box is still rebooting.

So with the rebooting issue and the no signal issue (albeit channels on) what is the fault then? Box and dish/lnb/dish then?

You have proved box works ok elsewhere.
I would not expect 20 yr cable and lnb to last that long without issues.

Here is an old thread elsewhere.
"
Just before Christmas we had a few big storms with lots of rain and high winds.

During the storms I was not surprised to see Sky breaking up, however after the storms had finished and the skies were clear, I still had no signal from either of the two channels. Previously I was used to signal strength of approx. 90% with signal quality of 100% on both channels.

Following a number of reboots (including disconnecting the LNB cables from the back of this sky dish). There was still no signal and neither of the channels were locked.

Given it was almost Christmas and I would not get any repairs for a week of or out of desperation I prodded the dish with a long stick, apart water falling from the sky dish, in particular a large drop from the LNB, the signal returned to normal immediately. I did not prod the dish hard enough to move the dish.

Now ever time it rains I lose both channels? Are there any known faults with water getting into the LNBs? "

And you wonder why cable and lnb give issues ????

MAte I aint technical whatsoever with these things wish I was but I aint. That is main reason struggle with this stuff.

Bloody stressing me out this I have done all tests people have mentioned on here and still I dont know what to do or what actual fault is.

For one I dont understand why on both boxes I tested showed no signal at all and then this morning channels were clearing on sat? I know it will f*ck up like it always does.

Also the whole rebooting of the box as well even with different power supply being used tell me cant be just lnb/feeds issues.

So what I concluded and this is where I am truly fekked is not only is the dish/lnb/feeds screwed up but the box/tuners are also gone.

Spoke to few local engineers in the morning. One wants £50 to come out so that aint gona happen and the other is in isolation for few weeks.

Put box in a different house for a few days and check there and presume its just freesat and no lines or iptv in use.
If it works there again as said before tuner shoul be ok STILL.

In lockdown mate can't really go to anyone's house and not going to either just for this box and risk someone's health mate.

I tried on two different boxes at my place with tests I did but even after all that still don't know where the fault lies.

Yes I know fault is on my end but I dont know 100% where the fault is after doing all the tests still back to square one.

Just sick to death of this crap which has been going on for so so long.

Back