Tune Failed

Until others things are done you will be at the bottom of the ladder.Things fail as end of life,if you drove a car would tyres last 20 years?

I have done all the things that have been advised not sure what other tests you expect me to do. Testing at another persons house for obvious reasons is not possible.

I know things get faulty I dont expect anything to last.

I am just not sure whether that box has also failed along with the dish/lnb/feeds.

Could you not post it to a relative/friend for them to try their end for you

Mate both boxes I have been tested and gave same results yesterday.

Only thing is channels started working again in morning. But that doesnt last for long anyway.

Intermittent signal seems to point to outside. At the same time with multiple power supply's also tried rebooting randomly of the box is an issue also still which implies box is also faulty.

You mentioned this
" Maybe with how old all the equipment is hence issue maybe but seen others who have had longer than me and their sat has no issue. "

i have not known anyone to have theirs working that long ??

" I think the biggest problem is outside (dish ,cables etc) Always after a shit load of wet weather he complains. "
Back to cables and lnb again.

"
Did manage to get box tested at cousins place in evening today. Tested for few hours but had no tune failed message crop up at his place. So does that mean likely not tuners/box issue?

Got home short while ago put it all on and any channel that comes on after a bit picture just breaks up completely and says tune failed. "
Showing tuners working on good cables and lnb.

" It is not your Box/Image at fault. All three of your threads about this issue points to a dish/cabling/LNB fault. Best you invest your energies looking at those. "
Everything is pointing to things above your head.

"
L.n.b fault
Sky l.n.bs are cheap they only last about 5 years if your lucky "
Yours is 20

On the rebooting issue not 100% sure if damaged cable can do that but next door neighbours sky box did and had water ingress in the cable down to tuner.

Deffinatly sounds like lnb failed then that £50 is that call out or to look and replace what needs doing new cable run

I have a guy few door down for me and he has had older dish setup than me and he says his sky works still today.

I tested cousins place while back had no issues there.

But both boxes I have and both showed no signal yesterday cant be coincidence. Why it has come back on this morning is what is p*ssing me off.

Deffinatly sounds like lnb failed then that £50 is that call out or to look and replace what needs doing new cable run

£50 just for call out mate then on top said between £40-£50 to fix.

Not able to stretch that far and thats extortionate imo.

i just paid £136 before lockdown to have new lnb fitted, oxford,

Bloody heck seriously?

Didnt know was that expensive.

Now even more dreading it. No doubt they would say complete new dish, lnb, feeds just to make as much as they can off me.

Bloody heck seriously?

Now even more dreading it. No doubt they would say complete new dish, lnb, feeds just to make as much as they can off me.
Ring them explain what problem your having use the link cactikid posted and get a few quotes or work out length of cable needed and run new cable lnb ports about £8 off fleebay

Already have rang some up. Either too far from me or have limited amount of people to come out straight away.

I aint a DIY person mate to where my dish is aint got long enough ladder to fit LNB, feeds etc.

Bloody heck seriously?

I think nearly every one on the forum has told you at some time or another it was cables and lnb but you wouldn't accept there advice. If you had accepted my offer a year or so ago it would have been sorted with new cables etc and there would be no need for all this crap now.

@cactikid its aright to insult me and take the p*ss out of me but talking about mental health in any negative way the way your going about is f*cked up imo. It may be a joke but didnt find it funny.

Yes maybe it could have been sorted a year or so ago. Thats on me, just the way I am not right in the head as some would be suggesting (y)

I'll just keep looking around for local guys until I find someone who is reasonable and let them get it sorted. I will happily leave this thread as it is. Cheers.

Must have MY issue with bad cable 6 months now lol
Mine has a join and water ingress.

Last edited:
The latter l think. Do you think he wants some one to pay him for the privalage op fixing it for free?:laughing::ROFLMAO:

I dont need charity from anyone. Nor do I want it to be fixed for free.

Potentially £100 for repairing/replacing lnb/cables in my eyes is too excessive. May not be for others but is for me.

If I come across someone reasonable which I believe I will if I keep looking then I will pay them to get it fixed.

Back