Tune Failed

So £125 from one guy and £150 from another quoted me for replacement of dish, lnb and cables. All of it.

Main reason was have big trees and best to move it.

But dish aint the faulty as trees were same size this time 3 years ago and sat was working great.

Even in this time we living in people out there to blindly rob people.

Just given up. Know parents are disappointed but aint said anything to me.

But if large trees or building are in the way they will block signal.Not much point in putting everything new in same place but things have to be moved to a better position for clear sky.

Dish may not be the issues and maybe lnb and cables and if replaced and stopped working as tree blocked signal.

Possibly cheaper to stick up whole new kit in a new position rather than reusing old dish.

Not sure how prices fair in Uk but to me sounds cheap as its time and replacing everything and setting up.

Well at least we got an answer now cheers.

Not really cheap for myself but oh well.

See what next step for me is. If not able to get it done will just scrap satellite altogether.

Cant have this stress on my head constantly.

Not sure about freeview with aerial but that wont be any less than £100 I imagine.

Alot of channels they watch though are not on freeview only on sat.
I have explained to you there are other options and your parents will not even know its not satellite, You do not listen to good advise mr channel king :whistle:

I know IPTV is the main one but I showed them that a while ago and they couldnt use it at all. So only so much can be done on my end.

They are used to sly and their channels and dont like change mate.

if you get someone to move your dish to a better position because trees are in the way. shouldn't be more than £30/40.

no need for a new dish LNB.

if was working before where it currently is and you haven't got a signal now you've either got a loose connection or LNB has failed.

if you get someone to move your dish to a better position because trees are in the way. shouldn't be more than £30/40.

no need for a new dish LNB.

if was working before where it currently is and you haven't got a signal now you've either got a loose connection or LNB has failed.

I told them that it cant be dish issue as trees havent magically grown so big that signal is being blocked (not so much in those words lol)

But they were just going on about just best to replace all because of trees and how old everything is.

I just thought easy way to make easy money from me.

I told them that it cant be dish issue as trees havent magically grown so big that signal is being blocked (not so much in those words lol)

But they were just going on about just best to replace all because of trees and how old everything is.

I just thought easy way to make easy money from me.
if the dish still looks in good condition and isn't rusty then they are trying to pull your pants down. total non sense! you could just change the LNB yourself just don't move the dish while doing it.

Dish looks in good enough condition cant really see any rust on it.

Another guy I have found, well its someone I know whos mate does this stuff and he is supposed to come down early next week.

From speaking to him he knows he stuff and didnt sound like a conman like the two who came to have a look.

My in laws dish is litterly on their chimney breast on a pole cause of trees and building blocking signal as for iptv can be setup on box and if they can work box for sat/cable will be able to for iptv mate

if the dish looks in good condition mate doesn't need changing. £125 to £150 is a fair price for a whole new install. but if you only need a new LNB which is no more than £20 then you don't need to folk out for the rest.

if the dish looks in good condition mate doesn't need changing. £125 to £150 is a fair price for a whole new install. but if you only need a new LNB which is no more than £20 then you don't need to folk out for the rest.
But depends how far the cable has to be run I paid £70 for it to be run from front of house all way round to my living room which is on back of my house so add new dish labour ect is about right

My in laws dish is litterly on their chimney breast on a pole cause of trees and building blocking signal as for iptv can be setup on box and if they can work box for sat/cable will be able to for iptv mate

Tried IPTV on the box with bouqets etc last year with the plugin (forgot the name of it) and trust me mate they struggled to use it. HAd to change channels for them to get to what they wanted lol.

I honestly dont believe its the dish or signal being blocked from trees. Just these guys wanting more money and just saying change everything.

that copper cable will be fine its only sending down signal (noise frequency) even if it was a power cable that cable would out live me :ROFLMAO:

how long is the cable from dish to box? does it go into a face plate on the wall or directly from the dish to the box?

One last try on this and see what the last guy says. After that I am done with all this not worth it imo just major bloody headache.

Back