Satellite TV turns itself on

imzy

Hi Guys, I recently reflashed my zgemma box but noticed it turns itself on at night . I do remember there’s a fix for this. Can anyone help?

It’s your hdmicec settings on your tv. Just disable and you’ll be ok.
Thank you Sir, would you know what part to disable? I’ve always had HDMI-CEC on but after reflashing my box the tv came on obviously both box and tv are connected via hdmi cec but I’m unsure which bit to disable.

It’ll be some thing simple like ‘CEC enable yes/no’ cec just minimises the amount of remote controls you use.

instead of disabling cec another option could be to adjust the times that abm and epgimporter updates so they update at a time when the tv is normally on. I've had this happen before, on one box the tv came on in the morning while on the other box it didn't, it didn't happen then for a long while and then on the same box it started happening again, but not every morning. (or maybe I've not noticed it every morning). I like leaving hdmi-cec enabled so I only need to use one remote so never bothered disabling it.

In theory if the tv comes on during an update it should turn itself off again after, if it is then you could also mute the box before turning off at night, that way if the TV comes on it won't disturb you.

instead of disabling cec another option could be to adjust the times that abm and epgimporter updates so they update at a time when the tv is normally on. I've had this happen before, on one box the tv came on in the morning while on the other box it didn't, it didn't happen then for a long while and then on the same box it started happening again, but not every morning. (or maybe I've not noticed it every morning). I like leaving hdmi-cec enabled so I only need to use one remote so never bothered disabling it.

In theory if the tv comes on during an update it should turn itself off again after, if it is then you could also mute the box before turning off at night, that way if the TV comes on it won't disturb you.
Thanks Grog, I’ve disabled auto abm update coz I do this manually. I remember when installing WB for the first time this issue happened and somehow it got fixed. Last night I woke up three times to turn off the telly. Sounds bit silly if there’s an update the tv will turn on and off automatically after an update has happened. See what happens tonight.

Back