UK Sat is back - Icam UK - here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re the one who said people would use this as a backup 🤣🤣🤣
I said it won't replace IPTV, it /may/ get used alongside IPTV.

It's being touted as the 'next big thing' but we've heard all this before.
And it went off after a few weeks.
If it's stable for a year or more.
If it's reasonably priced.
If it's properly supported.
If it becomes available on other images/devices.
Then it may become 'next big thing'
That's a long way off yet

As I stated earlier, no one is going to scrap IPTV in favour of this new hack, it simply won't have the content, people may buy into it as an add-on or backup but it's not going to have any impact on IPTV subscriptions.

I'm unsure what's confusing you.
Might be on the pop although its early :whistle:

if that's the case then ditch it and find a good provider that does have them.

I just think it's odd that people are saying this hack is more costly than an IPTV sub but then paying for an IPTV backup making the cost of their IPTV more than this hack.

I've never had a backup sub, if my provider didn't have what I wanted then I would find one that does, why pay twice for basically a duplicate of what you have?
Yet to find the perfect sub so 😆
It's not about money for me.
I've 5 subs spread over 3 devices. I'm a bit over the top.. I know 😆

I've not read anyone say that, I've read people say it works
I'm not saying it doesn't work, obviously it does.
Viarks and hacked viark subs also worked.
But now they don't.
It needs a year or more of stability before it's going to get popular IMO

I will always choose satellite over IPTV. I still don’t find IPTV 100% reliable enough to be used exclusively as a means of watching live TV. Sure I don’t doubt that it has improved over time but having dipped back into it over the past year, using several services from TK, ExpressVPN and a 100mb connection - at some point they all experience the exact same issues that existed 5 or so years ago. Channels buffering during popular events, the same few seconds looping continuously and perhaps the biggest one, a 30 or so second delay - never ideal during a football match unless you isolate yourself from social media completely. Even legal IPTV such as Sky Glass faces these exact problems. None of those problems occur when you watch via satellite.

I will always choose satellite over IPTV. I still don’t find IPTV 100% reliable enough to be used exclusively as a means of watching live TV. Sure I don’t doubt that it has improved over time but having dipped back into it over the past year, using several services from TK, ExpressVPN and a 100mb connection - at some point they all experience the exact same issues that existed 5 or so years ago. Channels buffering during popular events, the same few seconds looping continuously and perhaps the biggest one, a 30 or so second delay - never ideal during a football match unless you isolate yourself from social media completely. Even legal IPTV such as Sky Glass faces these exact problems. None of those problems occur when you watch via satellite.
No you are wrong, just read this thread, it's been said, iptv is the bogs dollox, and sat should only be used as a backup

No you are wrong, just read this thread, it's been said, iptv is the bogs dollox, and sat should only be used as a backup
I mean I totally respect that view, IPTV is ideal for many as it doesn’t require a dish and can be used on a £20 firestick. But I just don’t see how it can reign superior when the latency is so bad. I’m not saying that’s a provider specific thing either, all IPTV will have delays due to the streams needing to be encoded on the fly, it’s just not really ideal during big sporting events.

As I stated earlier, no one is going to scrap IPTV in favour of this new hack, it simply won't have the content, people may buy into it as an add-on or backup but it's not going to have any impact on IPTV subscriptions.

I'm unsure what's confusing you.
if the sat works then IPTV is going to be the backup to sat, people are going to use sat for the main stream channels that are available and iptv as a backup/for the extra's not the other way round

if the sat works then IPTV is going to be the backup to sat, people are going to use sat for the main stream channels that are available and iptv as a backup/for the extra's not the other way round
100% every time

Put it this way, if the main packages were open on sat still, iptv wouldn't exist and if those same packages were to become available tomorrow, next week IPTV would be a distant memory for most users of it.
Rubbish sky uk is used all over the world via iptv only those with a dish can access it via satellite.

It was claimed earlier in this thread that the IPTV community were pouring scorn and negative comments about the new hack, implying that they were worried about losing sales and customers.
I simply said that it won't affect IPTV in the slightest, those with an IPTV sub will keep that sub regardless of whether they try this new satellite hack or not.
Whichever way around they choose to watch and use as a backup is irrelevant, they're not going to have one and ditch the other

It was claimed earlier in this thread that the IPTV community were pouring scorn and negative comments about the new hack, implying that they were worried about losing sales and customers.
I simply said that it won't affect IPTV in the slightest, those with an IPTV sub will keep that sub regardless of whether they try this new satellite hack or not.
Whichever way around they choose to watch and use as a backup is irrelevant, they're not going to have one and ditch the other
But which does a newbie that's just ditched sky choose ?

*asking for a friend*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back