UK Sat is back - Icam UK - here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but what ?

Are you seriously suggesting, that taking a sat feed and then converting it to an iptv feed provides a better source of material then just delivering the original sat feed ?

Really ????
I don't think I said anywhere that it would be a better picture?
It's more convenient to have all the foreign sports channels, the F1 helmet cams, the PDC live streams, live rugby feeds and forty odd bookies channels in the same place as the sky and BT sport channels

If it's stable, comes to better boxes and recording is an option then yes it will be worth purchasing a line. I don't think many people have h9's lying around or will want to purchase a new h11 only for the line to die a few months in. A lot already have better dual tuner boxes nowadays such as vu, octagon etc. Yes if you don't mind splashing out £150 thats great but IPTV still the cheaper option with a firestick and sub costing half the price.

Yes that's what I said, it'll be used alongside IPTV if anyone bothers with it, no one is going to replace IPTV with hacked satellite channels, unless they want lose all the 3pm games, VOD movies and series and all the thousands of other channels.
All the soaps are available on Freeview and Freesat 👍
My wife recording soaps was an example, if I wanted to record F1 for example, I couldn't be 100% sure it would record from IPTV, not every wants to watch german or french channels, beleive it or not, not everyone wants to watch the 3pm kick offs, although I will admit that is probably the biggest draw for IPTV. You are assuming everyone is like you, thankfully that's not the case :whistle:

I don't think anyone in the IPTV world has anything to worry about, they had nothing to worry about with the viark boxes and even if this new hack is a hundred times more stable it still wouldn't have an impact on IPTV.
If it does catch on it would only be as a backup to IPTV, only a small percentage of people with poor internet access would choose this over streaming as their primary viewing.
You can twist it how you like mate .

You just simply can not beat viewing the original source material of the IPTV providers in real time.

I watch more football, boxing and motorsport than is good for me. Sat for the source IPTV for PPV.

Are you seriously suggesting, that taking a sat feed and then converting it to an iptv feed provides a better source of material then just delivering the original sat feed ?
You just simply can not beat viewing the original source material of the IPTV providers in real time.

Funnily enough, I had the exact same conversation with the Sky Salesperson at the local shopping centre last week that was trying to get me to watch his demonstration of Glass

I don't get the need to talk this down and compare it to IPTV. Isn't this what this forum is all about?

This is a hobby for me, I enjoy trying to get channels that I shouldn't. For me, there is no enjoyment in adding an m3u to a box and watching every channel.

If I want to watch a football match, I will use IPTV, but there is no hobby in it.

My wife recording soaps was an example, if I wanted to record F1 for example, I couldn't be 100% sure it would record from IPTV, not every wants to watch german or french channels, beleive it or not, not everyone wants to watch the 3pm kick offs, although I will admit that is probably the biggest draw for IPTV. You are assuming everyone is like you, thankfully that's not the case :whistle:
I'm not assuming everyone is like me, I said no one will REPLACE their IPTV with this new system, you've just confirmed it.
You can twist it how you like mate .

I watch more football, boxing and motorsport than is good for me. Sat for the source IPTV for PPV.
As I stated earlier, no one is going to scrap IPTV in favour of this new hack, it simply won't have the content, people may buy into it as an add-on or backup but it's not going to have any impact on IPTV subscriptions.
Maybe if they'd hacked it 3 or 4 years ago they'd have cleaned up but all the ex satellite viewers have got used to IPTV and would be unlikely to go back, and even if they did, they wouldn't drop their IPTV subs

IPTV is the for the masses. 9/10 people can't spot the difference in quality or even know what a frame rate is.

I haven't seen anyone say this is the end of IPTV? It's simply a thread trying to figure out this new hack, but it keeps getting derailed into talk about IPTV for some reason?

I'm not assuming everyone is like me, I said no one will REPLACE their IPTV with this new system, you've just confirmed it.

As I stated earlier, no one is going to scrap IPTV in favour of this new hack, it simply won't have the content, people may buy into it as an add-on or backup but it's not going to have any impact on IPTV subscriptions.
Maybe if they'd hacked it 3 or 4 years ago they'd have cleaned up but all the ex satellite viewers have got used to IPTV and would be unlikely to go back, and even if they did, they wouldn't drop their IPTV subs
Pabs you have more come backs than Rocky :LOL:

Rocky_balboa.jpg

If people will start using this as a backup sup, then surely those buyers would drop their backup iptv subs. Hence, it's only the sub par resellers that should be concerned.

Am I right in saying this doesn't work with the Sky 4K channels? Does anyone know why this is? Does it use a different form of iCam?

Is recording every going to be an option on this new system though ? 😂
The way I undestand it you can record if not watching, which could be just because the boxes are single tuner, if your not watching tv or watching something on another device you can record on the new system is the way I understand it but could be wrong.

If people will start using this as a backup sup, then surely those buyers would drop their backup iptv subs. Hence, it's only the sub par resellers that should be concerned.
I'm not sure if this image you have to use allows anything else, so someone with two IPTV subs on one box would need another box to use for this new system alone.
I doubt it will have any impact on IPTV subs, anyone selling cheap crappy IPTV subs won't last long anyway considering the majority of servers now are very high quality

Of course it will provide flawless, dependable and reliable recording.
No guarantees in this game unfortunately. Only time will tell I suppose. If they are active with regular updates/fixes and great support then I could see it happening but if there happy enough with how it's currently running then it may be the opposite and go downhill. Hopefully they in it for the long run.

The way I undestand it you can record if not watching, which could be just because the boxes are single tuner, if your not watching tv or watching something on another device you can record on the new system is the way I understand it but could be wrong.
Last I heard it wasn't an option as it would mess with the icam side of things. They may have fixed this now not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back