Unrealistic expectations?!

Interesting. I'm not aware of yearly subs around those costs. If anything, I thought the going rate was around £60/70.

You pay a premium on here which can be justified due to the extra protection that a buyer gets when buying from a member here. For a start, mods give the advice in #1 of the request thread on what kind of member might be more trustworthy to buy from, and mods also hold contact and PayPal details for some of the people who sell here meaning that if/when someone does do a runner from their customers the mods can try to retrieve and money paid for services not honoured.

Out in the wider world, there's more iptv services sold on Facebook than anywhere else these days, often by resellers who the buyers know personally or at least know somebody who knows them which obviously gives a degree of certainty that the sub will be honoured for it's duration. That negates the need for protection from mods as these resellers obviously work with the knowledge that if they don't deliver the service they're likely to get customers banging on the door demanding a refund.

Being greedy with iptv sales is ironic given that its partly set up to provide a cheaper alternative to watch channels that are otherwise cost much more due to greedy corporations. You'd think people in the business would want others to benefit, especially given the risk that's involved.

Being greedy with iptv sales is ironic
You are missing the point.
If the person who has 25 resellers that he's charging 100 a month was greedy, he'd give them fifty credits or give them eight lines or similar so they'd have to top-up more regularly, but he gives them unlimited lines, he's making nothing apart from £100.
They can sell ten lines at £20, and they do, he still only gets £100, they can sell a hundred lines, he gets nothing extra.

You must wonder why someone would do this.
Resellers don't think, 'this is a bit fishy', which they should, they just think, 'this sounds too good to be true', which it is.

By giving out unlimited panels at zero profit all they are doing are increasing their customer base, you have to ask yourself why, what reason could be behind such a nonsensical method of doing business.

If the person who has 25 resellers that he's charging 100 a month was greedy, he'd give them fifty credits or give them eight lines or similar so they'd have to top-up more regularly, but he gives them unlimited lines, he's making nothing apart from £100.
They can sell ten lines at £20, and they do, he still only gets £100, they can sell a hundred lines, he gets nothing extra.

Resellers don't think, 'this is a bit fishy', which they should, they just think, 'this sounds too good to be true', which it is.

By giving out unlimited panels at zero profit all they are doing are increasing their customer base, you have to ask yourself why, what reason could be behind such a nonsensical method of doing business.
Decent unlimited panel is upwards of £300 anything less is asking for trouble . They are splashed all over facebook and social media platforms offering stupid prices and wonder why they get caught or panels get cut off. A good provider will set a minimum price to their resellers they can sell for.

The greed I was referring to is resellers trying to take others of out of business. I didn't know about what's happening with these panels until it was brought up in the discussion.

The greed I was referring to is resellers trying to take others of out of business. I didn't know about what's happening with these panels until it was brought up in the discussion.
Restreams of restreams most of them that is why they are so cheap

Cause it’s all competition that’s why they do it bud

Decent unlimited panel is upwards of £300 anything less is asking for trouble . They are splashed all over facebook and social media platforms offering stupid prices and wonder why they get caught or panels get cut off. A good provider will set a minimum price to their resellers they can sell for.
It doesn't matter how much is charged, or what the boss says is minimum price, what's the point of unlimited if it's not solely to get as many users as possible?

For £300 he could make it twenty lines so the cost per line would be £15, if someone selling forty lines a month it means they'd have to top-up twice. He's foregoing that other £300, why?

He doesn't care if ten or fifty lines are sold, which is ridiculous, the reason it's unlimited is because they'd rather have fifty customers, even if those fifty people have only paid a tenner each - they're taking as many customers as possible for a reason.

Once that reason is worked out, it's obvious.

Unless there's a different reason why someone would rather have £300 than £600?

The vast majority of people who set up as iptv resellers are people who've been customers of the service and seen it as a way to make a bit of extra money for selling a product they have built up reasonable knowledge of, there really isn't this dangerous undercurrent of conmen swirling just beneath the £50 a year subs that people would have you believe.

The vast majority of people who set up as iptv resellers are people who've been customers of the service and seen it as a way to make a bit of extra money for selling a product they have built up reasonable knowledge of, there really isn't this dangerous undercurrent of conmen swirling just beneath the £50 a year subs that people would have you believe.
No one said the resellers were conmen.
The ones providing them with unlimited panels are conmen

So how are the resellers managing to keep reselling for years on end?
You can bet that anyone on an unlimited panel hasn't been with the same dude for years on end, they went over to him because he made an offer they couldn't refuse.
Get yourself an unlimited panel and pay him his monthly payment, don't sell a line, pay him his second monthly, don't sell a line.
You won't get chance to make a third payment because you'll be blocked.

Why would that be? - I can guarantee that anyone on unlimited panels stops selling he'll get booted off, even if he already has 200 clients.
What could be the reason for this?
He's got paid for the panel, why should he care?

They want as many people as possible and are not interested how much they've paid

Cause it’s all competition that’s why they do it bud

Competition is healthy to an extent. I'm just saying it becomes ironic to become greedy in this business because that's what sets high prices in the first place. Alternatives are needed to ensure prices remain fair and people get what they've paid for.

You can bet that anyone on an unlimited panel hasn't been with the same dude for years on end, they went over to him because he made an offer they couldn't refuse.
Get yourself an unlimited panel and pay him his monthly payment, don't sell a line, pay him his second monthly, don't sell a line.
You won't get chance to make a third payment because you'll be blocked.

Why would that be? - I can guarantee that anyone on unlimited panels stops selling he'll get booted off, even if he already has 200 clients.
What could be the reason for this?
He's got paid for the panel, why should he care?

They want as many people as possible and are not interested how much they've paid

Sounds very fanciful, if this was the case we'd be seeing people posting often about their service going off partway through their subscription and it's really not that regular an occurrence.

Competition is healthy to an extent. I'm just saying it becomes ironic to become greedy in this business because that's what sets high prices in the first place. Alternatives are needed to ensure prices remain fair and people get what they've paid for.
True but most end users think they are saving when they buy say a £35 sub instead of £50 but as I’ve always been told buy cheap buy twice

Sounds very fanciful, if this was the case we'd be seeing people posting often about their service going off partway through their subscription and it's really not that regular an occurrence.
Nope, because resellers get another unlimited panel from someone else and put the 200 existing clients on that, not realising they've just set up anew with the same parent outfit.

After they've done this a few times and realised they're trapped, they say their family has been abducted by aliens and just disappear

Nope, because resellers get another unlimited panel from someone else and put the 200 existing clients on that, not realising they've just set up anew with the same parent outfit.

After they've done this a few times and realised they're trapped, they say their family has been abducted by aliens and just disappear

As I said, sounds fanciful and unless we had lots of people posting from a customer's perspective that this funny little scenario was happening then I'd be inclined to think it's not too common an occurrence at all.

Back