Upgrading oscam version to ncam/icam query

cactikid

VIP Member
Seeing that there is a newer Oscam version Icam , is it just a matter of downloading new softcam onto box and stopping/deleting old one.
+ check with supplier before doing so.

So i checked i am on 11704 old and advised to use 11715 but plugin support does not show it , maybe image needs to be upgraded again to see if newer one in the feeds.

Which image are you on? The one on Vix plugin server is 11714.

You can unzip the ipk and transfer the binary file to /usr/softcams on Vix. Make sure it has 755 properties. The softcam manager will select it.

Yes i had noticed as usually reflash all boxes after about 6 months or when something funny goes on.

Missed this.

Personally i just stop oscam then rename the old oscam binary to oscam1 just incase of an issue, then i just send in the new binary in and chmod 755 and reboot.

If its an ipk file i just unpack it and use the binary from it.

Ahhh found this old thread and starting again on Openvix and just got latest Vix 6.3.001 downloaded and using in slot3.

So do i see i need new readers to use with the ncam/icam and follow same instructions

Ahhh found this old thread and starting again on Openvix and just got latest Vix 6.3.001 downloaded and using in slot3.

So do i see i need new readers to use with the ncam/icam and follow same instructions
Copy your files off one of your other slots and send them in, then when you start Oscam Vix will see the configuration files and start rather than reporting no config found.

I would need to add the Ncam first so it works on those blank ones and add yours ?
Confused mate.

You dont have any working configs saved you have used on other images ?

They just need sending to etc/tuxbox/config

I do as using Cccam conversion into Oscam

I wanted to install the newer Ncam/Icam to avoid the blank screen issues into the other slot
Not sure if new readers are needed to use with the goodies.
Never done a multislot before and still trying to get brain to move further.

Back