Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Does anyone have a starsat t13 or t14 that has a channel list with all or most of the Sat's scanned that they could backup and share with me please. I only have a fixed dish so can't scan the other Sat's but wanted to try the dvb to iptv function. I have seen some vids of it working well so would like to give it a go. Thanks
Hi, I have starsat T14 and a motorised dish. I have about 6-7 satellites scanned on the T14. It has a limited channel capacity so could not scan more. I can provide you with a channel list file via pm.

I have a sky dish. I had read on hear that if you point your dish at 19 then have the 28.2 one off to the side on a bracket then you can pick up both but obviously not tried it myself
I have 19.2e and 28.2e on a zone 1 minidish. You can use a Gilbertini Multi LNB bracket, found on eBay, and have both LNB's centered equally, pointing the dish between the two sats. Alternatively, strap them together with hairbands. Four at the front and four at the rear where you'd have the 19.2e LNB in the centre in the regular LNB holder (19.2e has to be in the holder with this method as there's a big hinge on the other side causing an obstruction if you try to do it the opposite way) with 28.2e next to it on the offset. Using a slimline LNB for 19.2e (I have the Octagon Optima both single and twin versions) helps but isn't essential. I get all transponders on both sats.

Last edited:
Hi, I have starsat T14 and a motorised dish. I have about 6-7 satellites scanned on the T14. It has a limited channel capacity so could not scan more. I can provide you with a channel list file via pm.
Thanks mate would really appreciate that

I have 19.2e and 28.2e on a zone 1 minidish. You can use a Gilbertini Multi LNB bracket, found on eBay, and have both LNB's centered equally, pointing the dish between the two sats. Alternatively, strap them together with hairbands. Four at the front and four at the rear where you'd have the 19.2e LNB in the centre in the regular LNB holder (19.2e has to be in the holder with this method as there's a big hinge on the other side causing an obstruction if you try to do it the opposite way) with 28.2e next to it on the offset. Using a slimline LNB for 19.2e (I have the Octagon Optima both single and twin versions) helps but isn't essential. I get all transponders on both sats.
Thanks for the info mate I have ordered the bracket and already have a spare lnb so will give it a go

I dug the samsung universal remote out of the cupboard yesterday and programmed it for the viark. It's much better than using the crappy viark remote, much more responsive. Only downside is, the samsung doesn't have any numbers on it! They've designed it with the netflix generation in mind.

The GigaBlue remote is universal. Does anyone think it could be programmed to control the Viark? Would be fantastic if it could.

If the GigaBlue remote is programmed via codes, see if there is a code for hisense or fonestar. As quite often the same code works for several manufacturers and a few people in Spain have reported success using those codes - but it didn't work for them all.

Guys whats the best remote to work with the Viark sat 4k,

the Formuler F1 Remote is practically identical to the Viark remote just don't think i could add a code to get it working on the Viark tho

any thoughts

cheers

Guys whats the best remote to work with the Viark sat 4k,

the Formuler F1 Remote is practically identical to the Viark remote just don't think i could add a code to get it working on the Viark tho

any thoughts

cheers
Out of curiosity mate is there a problem with your remote or you just after something with a more positive feel ?

Out of curiosity mate is there a problem with your remote or you just after something with a more positive feel ?
Yes Mate, viark remote is slow response, even with new batteries.

Hence the reason for a diff remote with a faster response time.

Cheers

Yes Mate, viark remote is slow response, even with new batteries.

Hence the reason for a diff remote with a faster response time.

Cheers
I don't think its the remote are slow. The boxes be it Viark or Starsat are low end boxes with basic hardware which struggle to keep up with the demands. We all are used to good E2 boxes and expect the same from these boxes.

I don't think its the remote are slow. The boxes be it Viark or Starsat are low end boxes with basic hardware which struggle to keep up with the demands. We all are used to good E2 boxes and expect the same from these boxes.
True mate just a tad annoying it slow but it works ok.

Thanks bud

After my success with my samsung remote I bought the one for all URC1280, it controls up to 8 devices and only costs £15.

Setting up TV, Sky Box, and Receiver was a breeze. Only had to enter the code in the remote for each and voila.

There are no Viark codes included, I did try the one for Qviart but no luck.

This remote does have a learning feature. So you just put both remotes in front of one another and programme each key one by one. This does sound long to do, but in all honesty, it probably took me about 3 to 4 minutes.

The remote itself is great, very fast, box is much more responsive than using the standard viark remote. Buttons are nice and soft like the remotes you get with Samsung/Sony TVs or Sky boxes.

Logitech harmony remotes are probably easier to set up, as with most you can just connect them to use pc via usb and use their software. I do have a harmony in the other room, but I decided to go for the oneforall this time as each of the eight devices has its own button. Whereas on the harmony remotes, you have to cycle through the devices on the little screen - I'm far too lazy to do that. Plus, battery life on the harmony remotes is - most likely due to that screen.

Only downsides of the remote are, it's a bit long, so it's not really that ergonomic - but you're only really going to be using it for a few seconds so no really much of an issue. And the Viark remote does have more buttons, so you cannot programme them all. This really didn't matter for me, as I'm never going to be using the TXT or Sleep buttons etc. However, if you do want these buttons, you can just map them onto one of the free devices (e.g. HI-FI or MP3 etc.).

You can also create macros for the remote according to one of the amazon reviews. I haven't tried that as prefer to use the HDMI-CEC settings for that, and I don't want my TV to turn off if turn off one of the connected devices switches by accident.

For £15, it's a bargain. You can get the 4 device one for about £11, but I'd recommend the 8-device for the extra £4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, nice detail of how to setup OFA remote.

I have a OFA URC 7562 (B00) Remote it has a learning function on it does not find any codes to turn Viark box off.

On a side note the G-MScreen app on android phone it is very fast response time, changing sats and channels.

All I need is codes to try and programme the OFA Remote to work with the Viark sat 4k box, I may email OFA and see if they can produce an audio sound to transfer to my OFA remote.

Cheers guys

It's worth emailing them.

I have a OFA URC 7562 (B00) Remote it has a learning function on it does not find any codes to turn Viark box off.

I think that's the cycle function. The remote is going through all the codes in its memory, and trying them one by one.

The learning function on the URC1280 copies the IR signal from the Viark remote. So when I set mine up for the Viark, I copied from the volume buttons from my receiver's remote instead of the Viarks. And the guide button is mapped to use the epg on my TV instead.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me what percentages their getting for signal & quality strengths on these boxes, as quality seems very low compared to others, Thank you guys in advance

Can anybody tell me what percentages their getting for signal & quality strengths on these boxes, as quality seems very low compared to others, Thank you guys in advance

I can get you real values when I get home but I’m over 90 signal and over 70 quality on most sats on a 1m dish up north.

On what sats ?

SNR never moves it's always around 92%

On 28e for example Quality is on 84% SNR 92% same dish on my other receivers are 100% on both, i would not read too much into the readings the Viarks give to be honest.

Are you comparing it to an official sky box by any chance? My Q box does give a higher reading for 28.2e, but my sat meter is pretty much in line with the viark.

Back