Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

How to enter Biss Keys on the Viark.

Tune in a Biss feed & leave it on the channel,
Press F1 147 on remote, ("F1" on the 4k box is the "info" button), or "MENU" - "Net & Games" - "Key Menu"
In the Biss Keys section press the Red "Add" button - scroll right to just under where it says "Key" & enter the 16 digit key - scroll down to "OK" & press OK on the remote, next enter the Frequency & Symbol Rate at the bottom - eg: 12735 7200, (There's no way to enter the H or V Polarity but it won't matter), then scroll down again to "OK" & press OK on the remote, check that the Keys & Frequency are correct & exit out, change to another channel and then back again.

My Latest Biss & PowerVu Softcam File
Put the file on a USB Memory stick - Press "USB" on the remote & click OK on the Sofcam file to load it.

Attachments

• softcam.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The Auto update Biss Server hasn't worked so well lately, still finds some Biss feeds but not as good as it was,
Here's instructions on how to enter Biss Keys manually on the Viark.

Go to the Biss channel you want, or tune in a Biss feed & leave it on the channel,
Go to keys menu - (F1 147 on remote). In the Biss Keys section - press the Red "Add" button - scroll right to just under where it says "Key" & enter the 16 digit key - scroll down to "OK" & press OK on the remote, - ignore the next bit & press exit on the remote - check that the keys are correct & exit out, change to another channel and then back again.

The only problem I've found is that doing it this way you can only enter one Biss feed key, if you tune another feed in & enter another key the same way it won't open, if you delete the first key you entered, then the feed opens.
On other receivers I've had, like the Starsat you can enter multiple Biss keys by pressing F1 333 on the remote & enter or edit the key. The Viark doesn't have this shortcut.
You can do a blind search or you can edit the tps manually
Thanks mike 142 on how to enter the biss keys, just a pity you can only enter one key at a time tho.

@Peter1984 I find it's actually better to do a blind scan cause it will pick feeds up slowly , if not available on a normal scan.

used to do this on the technomate 1500 ci receiver , which i have still got lol

Great day of hd sport... did go off half hour into boxing on sky sport action but rescanned and another option for the same channel was clearing

Last edited:
Thanks mike 142 on how to enter the biss keys, just a pity you can only enter one key at a time tho.

@Peter1984 I find it's actually better to do a blind scan cause it will pick feeds up slowly , if not available on a normal scan.

used to do this on the technomate 1500 ci receiver , which i have still got lol
Sorry but I got the "how to enter the biss keys" wrong, to add more keys you do need to enter the Frequency & SR as well,
I've edited post #241

How did you do this?

I can’t find bt sport 2, when I try and search for the tp it’s not there.
Menu-Installation-Antenna Configuration

Scroll to the transponder line and press ok.

Then Press the cursor button right and select ADD then OK

Enter in your transponder details.

You could use blind scan but even that misses key transponders on 28 e

So I’m only getting channels on Vertical transponders. When I switch to a horizontal, my signal strength is 92% but the quality drops down to 0%.

I’ve got a Zone 1 dish and a quad output hybrid sky q lnb. My old Sky HD and my Zgemma work with any one of the 4 lnb outputs.

I’ve tried switching the LNB power from 13V/18V to 18V, but it still didn’t work.

Any ideas will be welcome?

So I’m only getting channels on Vertical transponders. When I switch to a horizontal, my signal strength is 92% but the quality drops down to 0%.

I’ve got a Zone 1 dish and a quad output hybrid sky q lnb. My old Sky HD and my Zgemma work with any one of the 4 lnb outputs.

I’ve tried switching the LNB power from 13V/18V to 18V, but it still didn’t work.

Any ideas will be welcome?
Usually when you loose either vertical or horizontal channels but not both its a LNB fault.

Try The Zgemma on the exact lnb connection mate.

Usually when you loose either vertical or horizontal channels but not both its a LNB fault.

Try The Zgemma on the exact lnb connection mate.

I did try the box with another output/port from the lnb too this morning, so can rule out it being the cable.

The zgemma was working yesterday with the FTA channels (V & H), right before I connected viark. I'll reconnect the Zgemma later today, just to check if the LNB works on that box.

I had done some searching around, and found some old stuff on google about Openbox/Skyox having similar issues. Apparently it was down to H requiring higher voltage than V.

Back